Site disappeared from index RRS feed

• Question

• The site I manage www.larryfockler.com was initially indexed in MSN soon after I submitted it mid-April 2008. It was dropped not long after that, I can't even find the url when I enter it as the search string. I have resubmitted it many times and it still has not appeared. I've opened a ticket and checked all the suggestions in the guidelines that were sent to me to no avail. Webmaster tools does not give any indication of error. It is a super simple site, just one page with a few external links and pictures. I've used the meta tag validation option, have re-validated it a couple of times. I also created a sitemap even though it isn't really necessary with such a simple site, I know the sitemap is valid because I've also submitted it successfully to Google and Yahoo. Can you help?

Monday, June 30, 2008 7:04 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

You are in our index, but you are ranked very low: http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=site%3Alarryfockler.com+&go=&form=QBLH

as comparison, you only have one page indexed in Google as well. My suggestion is reviewing our blog post: http://blogs.msdn.com/webmaster/archive/2008/01/11/i-m-not-ranking-in-live-search-what-can-i-do.aspx

Brett
    Thursday, July 10, 2008 3:09 PM
  • Thanks, I realize it is a very small site with just one page but what I don't understand is that when it was first registered in April, I could do searches with keywords such as "septic repair richmond hill" and it would find it. Now it doesn't find it even when I put www.larryfockler.com as the search string.

When I search on 'septic repair richmond hill" in Google it is listed on the first page. Same with Yahoo, in fact it is the first listing. Something still seems strange with MSN.

Thanks for your help.

Friday, July 11, 2008 3:28 AM
  •  

I have the same problem i have a number of site which where not SEO correctly so their has been sum adjustment

www.thomascook-direct.co.uk and www.britishgasboilers.co.uk use to have excellent placement in msn even though they where never submitted to msn but as soon as i submited them the vanished not even a a link in fact nothing i have sitemaps and url txt file robot text can you help ?

Friday, July 11, 2008 8:37 AM
  • Now it is there again which is good. I see more data in Webmaster tools, says it was last crawled 05/05/08. MSN Search finds it when I put in www.larryfockler.com, but not any of the keyword searches (like Google and Yahoo do). Oh well at least it is back again. Thanks.

Thursday, July 17, 2008 7:50 PM