www.studentrockstar.com Accessing Problem RRS feed

• Question

•  

The Student Rockstar Site is not at all meant for the low speed internet.

Most of the users have easy dialup access, so they won't be able to take part in the Rockstar Challenge effectively.

If anyone has some solution please help !!

Saturday, October 6, 2007 5:15 PM

All replies

• already a same kinda thread is available...pls do use it...
    http://forums.microsoft.com/SamVaad/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2105499&SiteID=43
    Saturday, October 6, 2007 7:26 PM
  • u can access the student rockstar site using the dial-up connection..only one thin is it will be very slow for opening the pages..u can login to the SRS..no prob in that..
    Sunday, October 7, 2007 3:51 AM
  • you can try to open this site with the help of google.

Sunday, October 7, 2007 9:57 AM
  • try opening tis site using google search..
    Sunday, October 7, 2007 10:01 AM
  • i used to  get error while clicking on "sign in" button,

do one thing,
    open from the link u got in your refferal mail,subject as "refferal scheme"

then it will open then website, then clik on sign in,

it works,
    Monday, October 8, 2007 8:42 PM
  • Try this link...Click here...
    Tuesday, October 9, 2007 1:27 PM
  • I m too facing this typ of problem...

Tuesday, October 9, 2007 5:25 PM
  • All of us are facing the same prob but no solutions

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 2:40 PM
  • nice thought but did not work out for me atleast

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 2:44 PM
  • Try to use Google.

Don't do other works when u working with studentrockstar.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 2:47 PM
  • Try google web accelerator.

http://webaccelerator.google.com/

Although this works best with broadband. Still you can give it a try. It passes your request to fast google server and also caches your previous responses. Try it out.
    Wednesday, October 10, 2007 5:29 PM
  •  

MS  not doing anthing with this problem
    Thursday, October 11, 2007 1:53 PM
  • i dont find any prob with the site..one of my friend with a dial-uo connection is able to acess the site..he says its too slow..but he is able to access the site...
    Thursday, October 11, 2007 5:09 PM
  • I am facing problem in signing in to the studentrockstar and S2B through Dial-up and even when Broadband speed is slow from the beginning of the contest................I think signing in through Dial-up connection is impossible in studentrockstar and S2B......... so I request admin to solve this permanent problem immediately
    Saturday, October 13, 2007 2:46 AM
  • ya it will take a long time to load with low speed internet..this problem is to be solved only by the admin,,,,let's hope for the best..
    Saturday, October 13, 2007 4:17 PM
  • huuh , hi frnds i m relaxed.

my problem of accessing this site is solved, i dont know how??

well i can now login easily. but there is still a problem of viewing the forums, there is a long image from bottom to upto 1/3rd of my page , bcoz of that i m not able to navigate to the next pages forums post....

I hope it will be soon taken care.

what about u all????

Saturday, October 13, 2007 6:15 PM
  • For me forums viewing is perfectly fine.
    Saturday, October 13, 2007 7:03 PM
  •  

Accessing the Rockstar and S2B website through Dial-up is impossible................. All the participants of this contest are Broadband users.......... so I think this is not a fair contest............... please admin do something to solve this problem ............. I think admin also know that the number of Dial-up users in India is far more than Broadband users as in many states of India there is single or no Broadband providers..................
    Sunday, October 14, 2007 2:54 AM
  • Its strange on the part of admin to not solve the problem for so much long time

Sunday, October 14, 2007 10:40 AM
  • may b the admins r not aware of this...has anyone cotaced the admin reagarding this issue...
    Sunday, October 14, 2007 12:01 PM
  • Well

Admin know about this problem and also admin told his site designers team to remove it, But they alwayes gave Bluff to admin by not doing the work seriously,

So my friend what I concluded until now is Admin of this site is good but the designers team of Rockstar site as well as S2B are .

So I request admin that he should give warning to those designers to slove the problem.

Sunday, October 14, 2007 2:26 PM
  • Well said varun....

Monday, October 15, 2007 9:00 AM
  • i think, if they want to reduce the heavy contents from SRS site, then the entire site needs modification as the design template may not suit if some components r removed from it...this wud b the prob....but let us hope they resolve this issue soon and make everyone participate in this contest...
    Monday, October 15, 2007 1:15 PM
  • was there such problems in the previous contest??
    Monday, October 15, 2007 2:36 PM
  •  

No there was no problem in the previous contest................ only at this time we are having trouble.
    Monday, October 15, 2007 11:40 PM

• how 2 solve it...????????????
    Tuesday, October 16, 2007 9:00 AM
  • Only solution is to reduce the page load of the website.
    Tuesday, October 16, 2007 6:46 PM

• hi u can able access the studentrockstar website by using dialup connection but the thing is tat the connection will b slow n no other prob u can face, actually 4 accessing the studentrock site v don't neeeded 4 high speed also v can able 2 access in slow speed also k...
    Thursday, October 18, 2007 6:21 AM
  • Go in Run and tracert www.studentrockstar.com

Try to open it then...

Friday, October 19, 2007 12:45 PM
  • I have 4 dail-up connection

First my TATA walky base phone,

2nd/3rd from Airtel, I have two connection one is from dhanbad for that I have to pay Rs 250/- per month and another one is taken from Kolkata it is bit more faster and for that I have to pay Rs 500/- per month

and 4th from Reliance  connection through my mobile.

Now no network provide a sufficent amount of speed so we can log in to student rockstar site.

Saturday, October 20, 2007 1:32 AM
  • instead of this much money for dial-up why don u go for a single broadband connection, which is gonna jus cost 250/= per month(BSNL basic plan)...its 2mbps also very reliable...
    Saturday, October 20, 2007 4:44 AM
  • My dear JayaKumar,

Here so much amount of people need broadband that a large number of people already in queue, and as u know here BSNL is single broadband provider there is no other options, If I submit application then I have to wait for 6 to 8 long months to get a connection ..............

Saturday, October 20, 2007 12:30 PM
  • i think u can go for airtel broadband which i think is easier to get or else tata indicom too....
    Saturday, October 20, 2007 5:57 PM
  •  

Hi buddy.. Do not worry.. Thats the common thing which everyone should understand.. And, its not even such a hard nut to crack.. One thing i wanna suggest you, irrespective of either you follow it or not is, please try to have a good internet connection. I mean, try to have atleast 64 Kbps connection from a vendor so that you would be comfortable and have a better User-experience with the Student Rockstar website than you are having now probably..

Try it.. If you liked it, just hit me back.. Let me know your problem ma friend.. All the best. Hoping this could have solved your enigmatic issue.!!

Saturday, October 20, 2007 6:47 PM
  • My friend here there is only one Broadband provider and connections are very limited ................

Sunday, October 21, 2007 2:09 AM
  •  

Hey Ramaraju,

This thread is for student rockstar people those who are facing problem in accessing this site, so admin see this thread and try to slove this problem..........   and there is no Broadband provider in this area expect BSNL... and BSNL if full for next 6months due to very high demand..

Sunday, October 21, 2007 12:39 PM
  •  Vashistha_Pathak_ec82d1 wrote:

I have 4 dail-up connection

First my TATA walky base phone,

2nd/3rd from Airtel, I have two connection one is from dhanbad for that I have to pay Rs 250/- per month and another one is taken from Kolkata it is bit more faster and for that I have to pay Rs 500/- per month

and 4th from Reliance  connection through my mobile.

Now no network provide a sufficent amount of speed so we can log in to student rockstar site.

take one broadband....problem solve...
    Monday, October 22, 2007 12:40 PM
  • Hey Praveen,

I have already posted the follwing post in this same thread... Please read a thread properly before posting anything about the topic.

20 Oct 2007, 12:30 PM UTC
    Vashistha_Pathak_ec82d1
    These stars recognize your participation in the forums. For more information about the different levels of stars, and how points are earned, please see the FAQ. 

Posts 543
    Re: www.studentrockstar.com Accessing Problem
    Comment Was this post helpful ?
    Reply Quote

My dear JayaKumar,

Here so much amount of people need broadband that a large number of people already in queue, and as u know here BSNL is single broadband provider there is no other options, If I submit application then I have to wait for 6 to 8 long months to get a connection ..............

One more important thing If this contest only access by only few students those who have broadband then it is not a fair contest.
    Monday, October 22, 2007 1:16 PM
  • Well Said vashistha.
    Tuesday, October 23, 2007 12:16 PM
  • @Vashistha & Varun
    ya as u said, if u apply for broadband u need to wait for 6 months, it was true till last month...but now bsnl has expanded its service and now if u apply for a new connection(including phone line) u shud get it within 2 weeks(at max a month)...so going broadband isnt a prob as of now...
    Tuesday, October 23, 2007 3:36 PM
  • oh gr8 work done by bsnl....
    Tuesday, October 23, 2007 5:07 PM
  • Yse gr8 work done by bsnl.............  I also going to take if it is true..............

See we just want that site admin to correct this problem so more and more students can take part..... 

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 2:14 AM
  • Just hope that admin will slove this problem very soon.

Friday, October 26, 2007 12:17 AM
  • The Accessing problem for dialup users still exist.

Friday, October 26, 2007 1:16 AM
  • ya it must include dial up students too...atleast in india not many have broadband access

Sunday, October 28, 2007 6:24 PM
  •  

Yes, I also agree to you.

Majority of the internet users in India are depending upon the dial up internet access. Due to this huge problem from the admin's end, we are losing our valuable points.

Tuesday, November 6, 2007 5:38 PM
  • dont put all of it on the admins .the devsquare site where we attempt the coding questions has to be resource intensive .
    Friday, November 9, 2007 9:35 AM
  • hi u can able 2 access studentrockstar site using dial up also but the thing is tat the page will open slow...

Friday, November 9, 2007 11:37 AM
  • Hey Friends,

again the problem of login is occurring........

I dont know what the hell microsoft is doing.....

It takes tooo much of time to login & it now seem to hate the microsoft people!!!!!!!!!

Please admin maintain your site !!!!

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 7:13 PM
  • Its so long now but still the admins are not bothered about we losing our points

Friday, November 16, 2007 5:13 PM
  • I don't have any problem now..

Friday, November 16, 2007 6:28 PM

• Just turn off ur automatic dowloads which can speed up ur dailup connection speed........
    Tuesday, November 20, 2007 7:38 PM
  • What did you do to solve the issue ?

Are you able to login through dialup ?

Friday, December 7, 2007 3:35 PM