How to install Forefront on Windows Home Server? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'd like to deploy Forefront in my home network (thanks to MS I have a sponsored MSDN sub :) ). Anyone here with knowledge of how to get it done?

@Microsoft: You should consider a licence of Forefront for Home users. :)

Andreas

__________________________ Andreas Balzer Microsoft Student Partners email: andreas.balzer@studentpartners.de
    Sunday, May 23, 2010 4:33 PM

Answers

• Give it a try and let us know how it works out. But it won't be supported by Microsoft; if you actually want to use Forefront in a supported scenario you should install it on a supported platform.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Sunday, May 23, 2010 5:00 PM

All replies

• Give it a try and let us know how it works out. But it won't be supported by Microsoft; if you actually want to use Forefront in a supported scenario you should install it on a supported platform.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Sunday, May 23, 2010 5:00 PM
  • Install just the client using the /nomom switch.

There's a trial of Forefront which anyone can use to do this, within the time limits of the trial.

"Andreas Balzer" wrote in message news:8beed52a-e9d3-446a-a017-2b39bdf64dd4...

Hi,

I'd like to deploy Forefront in my home network (thanks to MS I have a sponsored MSDN sub :) ). Anyone here with knowledge of how to get it done?

@Microsoft: You should consider a licence of Forefront for Home users. :)

Andreas

__________________________ Andreas Balzer Microsoft Student Partners email: andreas.balzer@studentpartners.de

Bill Sanderson
    Monday, May 24, 2010 2:54 AM