Off Topic: Need to reset my computer. RRS feed

• General discussion

• Ok, so my old computer isn't working very well. I am going to save all of my important files onto an external hard drive so that I don't lose my important files. My computer runs Windows XP and I have discs that say "system recovery: WinXP Pro Edition: disc 1". I have 9 total discs and I think those are the only discs I should need to reset the computer right?

Alright, so I have a problem cause I do not know how to completely kill my hard drive and I do not know how to reboot my OS. Can someone give me some detailed instructions on how to delete my entire hard drive, then reboot my OS with the "System Recovery" discs that I have? Thanks and I hope someone can help me.

Jason
    Thursday, October 11, 2007 1:46 AM

All replies

• After you have backed up your data just install the recovery disc. The recovery disc will format the hard drive thereby removing your old data.

Friday, October 12, 2007 4:07 PM
  •  

I have windows xp sp2 I dont have a recovery disk. How do I reset my computer?
    Wednesday, October 24, 2007 11:46 PM
  • Hi Jason

Sorry but if you are not using Windows Live OneCare then you are off topic, this forum is dedicated to Windows Live OneCare, you can look for help and an answer here http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx

chuck

Thursday, October 25, 2007 4:58 PM