none
Windows Presentation Foundation hosting on Application Microsoft App Centre RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have seen the announcement in August 2019 that WPF apps can be hosted on Microsoft App Centre. The video that dedicated to this topic is deploying an app as  zipped file. Our current app has ClickOnce distribution and update functionality. Updates are pushed and user needs only to click the link once to install the app. This is much easier then deploying through a zipped file. What is the recommended way to achieve ClickOnce distribution effect when hosting WPF app on Microsoft App Centre(one click install and forced updates).

Thank you.

Nemnaja Sovic

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 7:43 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I have seen the announcement in August 2019 that WPF apps can be hosted on Microsoft App Centre. The video that dedicated to this topic is deploying an app as  zipped file. Our current app has ClickOnce distribution and update functionality. Updates are pushed and user needs only to click the link once to install the app. This is much easier then deploying through a zipped file. What is the recommended way to achieve ClickOnce distribution effect when hosting WPF app on Microsoft App Centre(one click install and forced updates).

Thank you.

Nemnaja Sovic

Hi    Nemanja011,

Visual Studio App Center brings together multiple services commonly used by mobile developers into an integrated cloud solution. Developers use App Center to Build, Test, and Distribute applications. Once the app's deployed, developers monitor the status and usage of the app using the Analytics and Diagnostics services, and engage with users using the Push service.

You can visit the Help and feedback for getting  App Center  Support

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards

Yong Lu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 14, 2019 2:27 AM
  • Thank you Young. I am aware of the purpose of App Centre, but is there a way to upload exe file that rather then zipped folder. Executable file is linked on the website hosting the app that is distributed using to ClickOnce deployment.

Nemnaja Sovic

Thursday, November 14, 2019 3:59 AM
  • Thank you Young. I am aware of the purpose of App Centre, but is there a way to upload exe file that rather then zipped folder. Executable file is linked on the website hosting the app that is distributed using to ClickOnce deployment.

Nemnaja Sovic

Hi Nemanja011,

Sorry, I'm not familiar with this. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards

Yong Lu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 15, 2019 3:47 AM