after RU2 clients are shown offline in dashboard RRS feed

• Question

• The clients have updtaed the launchpad and restarted. But they are still shown offline.

In lights-out the clients are also shown offline. But after searching for new devices there are a second entry in lights-out. The first is shown offline and with the symbol of a computer the second entry is shown as an IP-device and online. both with the same IP.

WHS 2011 is configured as DHCP and DNS. Additional sharepoint is installed.

I don't have any idea where I have to look for trouble shooting :-(

Sunday, February 19, 2012 1:44 PM

All replies

• I would suggest that the LightsOut forum would be a good place to start.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Sunday, February 19, 2012 3:21 PM
  • It is not a problem of lights-out. The normal view of computers at the dashboard is showing all clients offline. That is why lights-out is also showing them offline. This information should help to locate my problem.

My conclusion: WHS is not finding all the clients but lights-out is finding them via IP scanning.

I am looking in all error messages (client and server). Damn, there are so many places to look but no hint about my problem. I have no idea where to search. :-(

Until the RU2 everything has been fine...

rallek Germany

Sunday, February 19, 2012 3:35 PM
  • After RU2 a connector upgrade is pushed from your WHS2011 to each client. Did this come through? Possibly your error is related to connector software not being updated.

On Win7 the updated connector software is 6.1.8800.16395 (accesible through config screen->uninstall programs overview).

Good luck!

Sunday, February 19, 2012 8:28 PM
  • Yes, the upgrade come through. I do have exactly this client. But i don't think it is a problem of the client. All 5 clients do have the same problem. Also when I start the dashboard direktly on the server I do have the same situation. Even if I go to the remote connection only the server is show online but no client.

rallek Germany

Sunday, February 19, 2012 8:33 PM
  • While the RU2 did not create any issue's for me and I am also using lightsout it may be worth removing one client via the dashboard and reattaching to see if the correct links are made to enable the correct status to be shown. If it's successful, while not ideal, this may get you back to the normal situation.

While I am finding WHS 2011 runs OK within it's many limitations, it is rather delicate. Repeating the same action will sometimes work the second time after failing initially for no obvious reason..

Dave 

The Frog on the Lilypad at Home

Sunday, February 19, 2012 9:27 PM