Windows Live Messenger connectivity issue RRS feed

• Question

• *I think it is most proper section to ask this kind of question. If not - please move it to the appropriate category. Thank you

The idea of putting strict limitations to internet access (applications as well as browser surf) took me to the step of limiting web access for Microsoft applications alongside with other software that utilize update features or use web-based elements as a part of interface/functionality.

So I'd like to ask if there's any available information on Microsoft 'offical IP address range', in other words and to be more precise - what is the range of IP addresses Windows Live Messenger may connect to in order to pass authorization and make use of all the features (including file transfer and voice/video communication)? Being familiar with the protocol used by Windows Live Messenger when connecting to its services, I'd also like to restrict its access to the specific address range. I've already tried the following known so far (as suggested in several threads found), but these are not sufficient:

207.46.0.0 - 207.46.255.255
    212.73.0.0 - 212.73.255.255
    213.19.0.0 - 213.19.255.255

If anyone knows the IP addresses ranges sufficient for Windows Live Messenger to utilize all its features, please reply.
    Thanks in advance
    • Moved by Ryan Gottlieb Tuesday, April 28, 2009 12:21 AM Off-Topic Post (From:Microsoft Online Services Customer Portal)
    • Moved by Lu Zou-MSFT Wednesday, April 29, 2009 8:24 AM (From:Live Meeting - Creating, Joining Meetings, Configurations and Settings)
    Sunday, April 26, 2009 12:12 PM

Answers

All replies