Error During Migration: The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine RRS feed

• Question

• I'm attempting to test an upgrade to Dynamics GP2010 with Management Reporter.  I have come across a problem:

When I start the Migration wizard, I can get to the point where I select the FRx sysdata directory, then I receive the message:

"The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine."

The data provider has been installed and seems to work fine - I could create a Fabrikam company in management reporter.  Any suggestions as to the cause of this problem?

Thursday, May 13, 2010 11:39 PM

Answers

• Hello,

The migration wizard uses an office redistributable in order to open the .f32 and .mdb files in the SysData directory. Can you tell me if you are running the migration on the server itself and if it is an x64 or x32 machine?

Thanks much

Ryan

• Marked as answer by jland5 Wednesday, May 19, 2010 7:02 PM
    Monday, May 17, 2010 4:11 PM

All replies

• Hello,

The migration wizard uses an office redistributable in order to open the .f32 and .mdb files in the SysData directory. Can you tell me if you are running the migration on the server itself and if it is an x64 or x32 machine?

Thanks much

Ryan

• Marked as answer by jland5 Wednesday, May 19, 2010 7:02 PM
    Monday, May 17, 2010 4:11 PM
  • I am running the wizard on the server - Windows 2008 (not R2) x32.  After I made this post, I installed Microsoft Word and Excel, and then the wizard worked.  Might be something for a knowledgebase article?

Thanks!

Wednesday, May 19, 2010 7:04 PM
  • Good idea on the Knowledge Base article.

The below link can be used if you don't want to install Office on the Server just for migration purposes. There is an x86 and x64 version available.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=C06B8369-60DD-4B64-A44B-84B371EDE16D&displaylang=en

Thanks

Ryan

Thursday, May 20, 2010 3:50 PM
  • Thank you Ryan for the tip. Your reply saved my skin on this one. Everything I looked for seemed to assume you were going from x64, but I have an x86 machine with XP on it. I am not doing it on a server, just my local workstation. I have Excel 2003, but an Excel 2007 file to import using SSIS. I didn't want to request 2007 just for this. I got the above mentioned error and couldn't find a solution anywhere. But I went to the Microsoft site above, downloaded the provider and it worked fine. Thank you
    Friday, August 20, 2010 5:38 PM