CRM3 "Print Quote for Customer" menu item not available. RRS feed

• Question

• I'm working in an environment where we are using a word mail merge to produce quote documents.

On one or two computers the menu item "Print Quote for Customer" menu option is not available. The user's security profile is the similar for all users.

Any ideas why this menu wouldn't show for some workstations / users ???

Tuesday, April 8, 2008 2:35 PM

Answers

•  

I know this sounds a bit lame - but have you tried uninstalling and theni installing the CRM Outlook client on this workstation?

Wednesday, April 9, 2008 2:00 PM

All replies

•  

I seem to recall that this option is only available for users working within the Outlook Client.  Could this be the difference?

Wednesday, April 9, 2008 8:31 AM
  • Dear

check new rollup update 3

http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2008/03/18/update-rollup-3-for-microsoft-dynamics-crm-3-0.aspx

also check the user security actions and access rights.

Regards,

Imran

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

Wednesday, April 9, 2008 12:31 PM
  • Yes - I'm looking for this option in the Outlook client, but its missing on this one (troublesome) workstation!

Wednesday, April 9, 2008 1:58 PM
  •  

I know this sounds a bit lame - but have you tried uninstalling and theni installing the CRM Outlook client on this workstation?

Wednesday, April 9, 2008 2:00 PM
  • Thanks for the tip on rollup #3. I'll download and try.

I've looked through the permissions (under roles) and have not been able to find anything that directly applies to "print quote for customer" .. or anything similar.  Sales people are in the same role, but only one can't see the menu option. Going one step further, I've tried adding him to multiple roles with higher permissions to see if it makes a difference, but no joy.

Any other ideas?

Wednesday, April 9, 2008 2:01 PM
  • No idea is too lame to try! The onsite tech was supposed to re-install the client software yesterday, but I might just try it again - it only takes a second!  Thanks - dwc

Wednesday, April 9, 2008 2:04 PM