How to Disable WHS compression on remote download RRS feed

• Question

• I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to turn off file compression when you try and download remotely from windows home server. It is really annoying to have to wait until WHS creates the .zip or self extracting exe. What ever happened to just downloading what is there. I realize that some people may have bandwidth issues, but being right outside of NY means that my server uploads at 750k to 1.2 megs per second on a pretty consistant basis. Any help would be appreciated even if it is to say im SOL.
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 5:00 AM

Answers

• Best thing to do there would be to suggest your wish on Windows Home Server Connect Feedback site and have others vote on it (post link to your suggestion here). Alternatively you could setup ftp server on your server, however that's less secure.
    • Marked as answer by actor26 Thursday, October 15, 2009 2:17 PM
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 7:13 AM

All replies

• Best thing to do there would be to suggest your wish on Windows Home Server Connect Feedback site and have others vote on it (post link to your suggestion here). Alternatively you could setup ftp server on your server, however that's less secure.
    • Marked as answer by actor26 Thursday, October 15, 2009 2:17 PM
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 7:13 AM
  • Thanks I appreciate the help. One of the reasons that I bought the server was to get away from an ftp because of the security issue.
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 2:16 PM