Where does WHS saves the .zip when you download from web remote access ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I did a stupid thing and select multiple folders from the web remote access containing several GBs and clicked on download as a zip. As you can understand the "prepare files for download" on the browser just stayed there for ever as i assume the machine tried to zip them on the server.

I closed the browser and i want to make sure that the .zip file created or temp files from the procedure are not stuck somewhere on the server as i want to avoid having many GBs taking space on the c: drive. So where the WHS(PP3 fully updated) saves the .zip or temp files of that procedure ?

If you close the browser before the procedure ends does the procedure ends? does it keep any temp files ? where can i find them and delete it ? Does the procedure time out at some point or i need to reboot the server to clear memory or whatever?

Thank you.
    Regards,
    Vassilis

Friday, October 8, 2010 9:29 AM

Answers

• actually no its not.

I logged in to the server after i closed the browser and reboot the client machine, and went to c:\windows\temp and there was a folder with a long alphanumeric name and had a .zip with the name of my download inside and several temps files that were increasing continuasly over 1GB each. I had to reboot the server to stop this and delete them.

That is bad stuff. it could make the c: drive go full and stop WHS from operating.

• Marked as answer by Vassilis C. _ Friday, October 8, 2010 12:48 PM
    Friday, October 8, 2010 12:48 PM

All replies

• The file on the server is deleted when the transfer completes or is cancelled.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Friday, October 8, 2010 12:43 PM
  • actually no its not.

I logged in to the server after i closed the browser and reboot the client machine, and went to c:\windows\temp and there was a folder with a long alphanumeric name and had a .zip with the name of my download inside and several temps files that were increasing continuasly over 1GB each. I had to reboot the server to stop this and delete them.

That is bad stuff. it could make the c: drive go full and stop WHS from operating.

• Marked as answer by Vassilis C. _ Friday, October 8, 2010 12:48 PM
    Friday, October 8, 2010 12:48 PM
  • That would mean thet as far as the server is concerned, the connection was still active. Just closing a browser doesn't break the connection.

If you haven't changed anything on your server, it will be marked dead and those files deleted after 20 minutes.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Friday, October 8, 2010 12:53 PM