none
A few questions on 802.11b code

Question

• Hi, everyone.

I just started playing with SORA, and I have a few questions.

I have problems running 802.11b code. First of all, when it works over WinXP with SP 3, the system immediately crushes with blue screen.

When it works with SP 2, it does not reveal immediate problems. However, the system becomes very unstable, and it becomes impossible to turn on or off other processes and even PC doesn't be shut off. Also, rebooting fails unless I remove 'Microsoft SDR Ethernet Adapter' in the safe mode.

I tried to find the reason of this problem. Based on my analysis, it looks like there is a code that causes infinite loop.

In BB11BRx() function (in \src\bb\11b\Bbb_rx.c) that is called by physical carrier sensing logic, there is a while loop with condition 1 (true).

In this code, when a received signal is detected (probably undecodable as it is not 802.11b signal), it looks like infinite loop occurs.

Although there a few break codes, I have never seen a successful exit from this loop when I trace through debug viewer.

I wonder what the reason of this problem is and if others also have similar problems.

Another question is, how can I read dump file?

Using -d option in dot11config.exe, I can generate 16 Megabytes dump file, but I don't know how to read it.

I guess it is just a sequence of complex numbers, but it would be great if you let me know the exact format of it.

If you guys have an analyzing tool for dump, could you open it?

Also, could you let me know the time length of the signals captured in a 16MBtyes dump file?

Thank you.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010 5:35 AM

All replies

• Hi Sangki,

We know there could be a bug when Sora running in Keora/Japan version of Windows.

If you use the Keora version, it would be good if you can change to English Version of Windows.

The format of the dump file is simple. It is basically an array of signal block. A signal block is of 128Bytes, with 16B header and 28 samples. Each sample is COMPLEX16. 

I guess you can compute how many samples are in a file now and you know the sampling rate is 44MHz of current Sora. So you can get the duration :c)

Thanks,

- Kun

Wednesday, December 1, 2010 9:56 AM
    Owner