Running Power Pack 2 & console ver 2361.0 - Update to PP3 does not apply RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm running WHS with PP2 installed. I start the install.cmd and it runs well until the installation of the actual PP3 is on. Than the installer exits with the 'Update does not apply'. I have ran Windows Update on the WHS through remote terminal, there was just a C++ distri update waiting. Nothing else gets it to work. Anyone with a hint what this could be? I'm using the Acer H340 easystore.
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 8:03 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Could you pllease check if you are running the release version of PP2 (settings->resources on the console)?
    It should list components versioned 6.0.2030.x

If not: you are probably running some beta version of PP2. In that case uninstall PP2, restart your server and the run Windows Update to install Windows Home server Power pack 2 and some additional upates. From there you should be able to install PP3-beta.

- Theo.
    No home server like Home Server
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 10:31 PM
  • Theo,

My components are all listed with version 6.0.2361.0 which appears to be a newer version of Power Pack 2, or am I off?

Pascal

EDIT: Just did a quick additional search and it interesting. I read the version I have running is actually PP3 but in the console it says specifically Windows Home Server with Power Pack 2...
    So the question is; am I running Power Pack 3 and is the system showing an incorrect text label, or do I need to do something else?

Pascal
    Thursday, October 1, 2009 6:29 PM
  • EDIT: Just did a quick additional search and it interesting. I read the version I have running is actually PP3 but in the console it says specifically Windows Home Server with Power Pack 2...
    So the question is; am I running Power Pack 3 and is the system showing an incorrect text label, or do I need to do something else?
    Yes. You are running PP3 public beta. You do not need to do anything.
    Note that when the final version of PP3 is released you probably need to manually uninstall the beta version to enable automatic install of PP3 through Windows Update.

- Theo.

No home server like Home Server
    Thursday, October 1, 2009 8:40 PM