Help!! How do you restore the original One Care backup file that had been deleted? RRS feed

• Question

• I inadvertently deleted my original One Care backup file, the one preceeding 2008-A, 2008-B, 2008-C, etc.  Somehow it disappeared from the recycle bin and I'm now in panic mode because I obviously need that file.

How do you restore a deleted One Care backup file that is not in the recycle bin?

Thanks in advance,

Stan

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 2:33 PM

Answers

• You can't restore any file if you deleted it and it isn't in the recycle bin. If no disk activity has taken place after the accidental deletion, you may be able to recover it with an undelete utility available from various 3rd parties, but there is never 100% guarantee for success.

At this point, unless you are trying to restore something from within that backup set, you're better off starting a new, full backup in OneCare.

-steve

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 3:44 PM

All replies

• You can't restore any file if you deleted it and it isn't in the recycle bin. If no disk activity has taken place after the accidental deletion, you may be able to recover it with an undelete utility available from various 3rd parties, but there is never 100% guarantee for success.

At this point, unless you are trying to restore something from within that backup set, you're better off starting a new, full backup in OneCare.

-steve

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 3:44 PM
  • Thanks for the reply, Steve.  I'll try the undelete utility.

Aloha,

Stan

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 6:18 PM