Importing accounts into Money 2005 RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed the UK version of Money2005 and want to transfer my accounts from Money 2004. I have exported the accounts from 2004, set up corresponding accounts with nil balances in 2005, but when I try to import them I get the message "please limit total file name length to about 1500 characters."  As I understand it I have to import all of the accounts together. There are 89 accounts.

Could I get round this by changing the exported accounts names to a number eg 1.qif, 2.qif, 3.qif etc, then importing them, without renaming the accounts in 2005 to correspond.... or do I have to rename the accounts in 2005 to 1,2,3 etc then rename them to the original when imported.

Hope this makes sense!

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 5:44 PM

Answers

• Did that earlier but used the .mbf file. Money went through the process of converting it, asked me to choose the currency, then froze.

Did it now with the .mny file and the same thing happened.  However, after closing Money with Task Manager, I opened the Money by clicking on the .mny file and my accounts are there.

Hopefully problem solved.

• Marked as answer by Gordon222 Tuesday, February 26, 2013 8:02 PM
    Tuesday, February 26, 2013 8:01 PM