none
Should LiveWriter allow me to cut & paste the title section of the blog post? RRS feed

• Question

• I cannot use the cursor to highlight the main title section of a blog posting while working in LiveWriter. Which means I cannot cut & paste content to or from the title. This error seems to be related to Microsoft Word 2007. I cannot highlight ANYTHING in MS-WORD. I uninstalled and completely re-installed MS Office 2007 with no effect. I tried to re-install LiveWrite, but there does not seem to be an option for this. The dialog box says it's already installed.

Help. I cannot use MS Word at all and it seems to be related to the inabiliy to highlight / cut&paste within LW.
    Saturday, January 10, 2009 12:13 AM

All replies

• Yes, you should be able to cut and paste in the title section. Although from the sounds of it, if you're having issues highlighting things in Word, you have other problems. It might be worth doing a scan of your computer and make sure you don't have any malware on it that could be affecting it.
    SL - Windows Live Platform MVP
    Saturday, January 10, 2009 9:32 AM
  • If you can't highlight things in Microsoft Word, I think you have some other problems.  Also, there is a bug inside WLW where if your title is a link, sometimes it is very hard to highlight it.  You could try turning off editing themes to see if it helps.
    -Brandon Turner [MSFT]
    Monday, January 12, 2009 6:14 PM