Counterfeit office 07 RRS feed

• Question

• Report# G4PZ-DVB4 Code: 4FE7DD I sent back the Office 07 last week to your Erie, Pa. address. When i open Outlook the popup says 5 days until your copy will be marked not genuine. Am I getting a legite copy? Will I be blocked out of using Office07 and Outlook? Help!!
    Wednesday, December 16, 2009 7:30 PM

Answers

• Hello Sea Chanter,

Thank you for submitting your suspect Office materials for evaluation.  Could you please post back here and let us know what the result was once you get a response from the submission?

Regarding "marked not genuine," that means your Office installation will have an extra menu item for "Getting Genuine" and that upon program startup you will see nag screens about having nongenuine sotftware and "Getting Genuine."  Office and Outlook will continue to work as they do now, and you will not lose any documents, emails or any program functionality whatsoever.
    For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, December 17, 2009 10:59 PM
    Thursday, December 17, 2009 2:16 AM

All replies

• You mean 5 days until activation is neccessary?

Thursday, December 17, 2009 12:11 AM
  • Hello Sea Chanter,

Thank you for submitting your suspect Office materials for evaluation.  Could you please post back here and let us know what the result was once you get a response from the submission?

Regarding "marked not genuine," that means your Office installation will have an extra menu item for "Getting Genuine" and that upon program startup you will see nag screens about having nongenuine sotftware and "Getting Genuine."  Office and Outlook will continue to work as they do now, and you will not lose any documents, emails or any program functionality whatsoever.
    For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, December 17, 2009 10:59 PM
    Thursday, December 17, 2009 2:16 AM