Limited Cal - how to set RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have just run into the problem ,how to set the limited cal in CRM.

I have a user,which has standard user security role (used with full CAL) and Limited CAL in Licence type setting in user setting.

I thought that the system will restrict that the user with limited CAL cannot delete other users' records.  But I am still able to delete  accounts,contacts of other users, because the security role allows this.

So does it mean that a new security role, which corresponds to the Limited CAL licence description must be created and the setting Limited in User settings does nothing? Does it mean that Limited CAL is only some kind of agreement between Microsoft and the licence buyer?

I went through other posts,which regard this topics and many people are confused about this behaviour.

Some have marked answers that it is a bug and others that it is standard behaviour.

Can somebody explain this to me, please?

Regards

Milan

Monday, February 13, 2012 3:22 PM

Answers

• Licensing is not enforced by the system. Whatever licence type you choose limits what you can legally allow the user to do within the terms of your licence, but you need to take measures to actually control it.

A security role for this purpose sounds like a good way to do this (albeit tedious to implement)

Hope this helps Adam Vero, MCT

• Marked as answer by Milan Zmatlik Thursday, February 23, 2012 9:00 AM
    Wednesday, February 22, 2012 2:13 PM

All replies

• Licensing is not enforced by the system. Whatever licence type you choose limits what you can legally allow the user to do within the terms of your licence, but you need to take measures to actually control it.

A security role for this purpose sounds like a good way to do this (albeit tedious to implement)

Hope this helps Adam Vero, MCT

• Marked as answer by Milan Zmatlik Thursday, February 23, 2012 9:00 AM
    Wednesday, February 22, 2012 2:13 PM
  • Hi Adam,

thanks for your answer.

Milan

Thursday, February 23, 2012 9:00 AM