Cannot open Fix it on my computer get error message Failed to get troubleshooter catalog RRS feed

• Question

• I am running Vista 32bit my computer is having a few problems. When I boot up Adobe reader does not work and Epson event manager get error message failed to find specified file. and FAX utility error message failed to create database. So I downloaded Microsoft Fix it Center It Fixed all problems however when I shut down my computer the problems reappeared along with Fix it Center now gives error message Failed to get automated troubleshooter when I try to open Fix it Center. I unistall fix it Center and tried reinstalling  that did not solve the issues. I also tried uninstalling Epson event manager and unistalling FAX utility and reinstalling Adobe reader reinstalling Epson Event Manager reinstalling FAX utility nothing Work! HELP!
    Tuesday, July 20, 2010 5:42 PM

All replies

• Hi,

So you have Fix it Center installed on your computer now and when you open it , it shows you the error message that it cannot get the troubleshooter catalog and what happens if you click OK on the error dialog? Do you see the main screen of Fix it Center with all the troubleshooters listed?

The second time when you launch Fix it Center, are you logged on with the same account that you installed it with or did you use different credentials to log on Windows?

Thanks

Hannah

HW
    Thursday, July 22, 2010 6:26 PM