none
What to learn for exam 70-564 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi to all,

Some days ago I passed the exam 70-562, and since I have several years of experience with C# and ASP.Net, I am planning to give soon also the exam 70-564. But the problem is that there is no Microsoft Press book available for this exam. From what I read here, it might be good to get the book for 70-547. I read the skills measured for the two exams and I am afraid these exams are not very similar to each other.

Can anyone please confirm me about the similarity of these two exams, or for passing this exam I might find helpful any other books?

Thanks in advance for any answers

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 9:09 AM

Answers

• If you have several years of experience with ASP.NET, and you already have the "technology" knowledge (since you passed 70-562) then, in my opinion, you should not need any preparation materials at all. Just go and take the 70-564 exam. You only need logic and experience (and knowledge of the underlying technology).

I always study carefully my TS exams, but I never "prepare" the PRO exams. You can pass them just on your existing experience-based knowledge.

• Marked as answer by Ermond Tuesday, January 25, 2011 12:31 PM
    Tuesday, January 25, 2011 12:01 PM

All replies

• If you have several years of experience with ASP.NET, and you already have the "technology" knowledge (since you passed 70-562) then, in my opinion, you should not need any preparation materials at all. Just go and take the 70-564 exam. You only need logic and experience (and knowledge of the underlying technology).

I always study carefully my TS exams, but I never "prepare" the PRO exams. You can pass them just on your existing experience-based knowledge.

• Marked as answer by Ermond Tuesday, January 25, 2011 12:31 PM
    Tuesday, January 25, 2011 12:01 PM
  • Actually this is my first PRO exam and however I am thinking to give the exam after a couple of months, but I work in a company and it would be very frustrating for me not to pass the exam with the first attempt, since the fee is paid by the company :), so I am thinking to sit during this time and to read as hard as I can.

The phrase "several years" actually is quite vague. My experience with ASP.Net is around 3 years but I have around 7 years of experience with .NET itself and programming (Windows Programming), since .NET 1.1, anyway I am afraid that this might not be enough to pass the exam, without having some materials to read and to study...

Thanks for your answer anyway, it's encouraging :).

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 12:31 PM
  • I do not agree

Here is my cursus :

1) I passed in one shot the 70-536 one year ago

2) I passed in one shot too the 70-562 last month

3) i have been working in .NET since more than 3 years

4) Meanwhile, i am certified MCITP 2005/2008 Developpe

5) I prepared my exam with the following material :

- Programming Microsoft ASP.NET 3.5 - Dino Esposito (an excellent book actually)

- Self-Paced Training Kit MCTS exam 70-562

- I bought a Transcender practice exam

... and i failed this week, the 70-564 with a so low score that i can't even dare to write it.

I never failed before any Prometrics exams and the worse is i can't even say where i was wrong.

So, good luck anyway, work hard and keep in mind it is not so easy.

Thursday, February 24, 2011 10:43 PM
  • I am looking for 70-564 training material as well so if anyone has a good suggestion please let me know.
    Saturday, February 26, 2011 1:26 PM
  • Mihai,

I am now reading this book : ASP-NET-3-5-Unleashed-Stephen-Walther

It covers many 70-564 exam questions. Cryptography, monitoring, web parts are however missing.

I also looked at the 70-547. The Measure Up practice test questions were very far from what i had to answer to the 70-564 exam.

It is a long long road ...

Monday, February 28, 2011 6:30 PM
  • I have really struggled with this exam, failing it again today.   I have used Kaplan (my score improved quite a bit from using their study and practice tests) as they seem to be the only group that are not offering test dumps, but actual study questions and practice tests.  I had no problem with the 562, 536 or the 316 (long time ago) passing each on the first attempt.  I generally used Measure Up to prepare for those exams, but they don't offer this test for some reason.  I have the Programming ASP.NET 3.5 by Dino Esposito and have read sections of it, but will read the whole thing and try again in a couple of weeks.   

It would be really nice to see the questions that were missed immediately after the test, just to get an idea of what specific bit of the information I am missing

I too would appreciate any additional suggestions from people on helpful study guides.

Monday, February 28, 2011 9:07 PM
  • Sorry to hear about your troubles with 70-564.  I'm preparing for it too and am concerned I don't have sufficient study materials.  I've been using the SelfTestSoftware study bank for 70-564 AND 70-562.  Also, I have a hardcopy of the 70-547 training kit.  Other than that, I'm not sure what else I can do to prepare for this exam.   
    Tuesday, March 1, 2011 12:58 AM
  • I failed 70-564 twice this week, both times very close passing. I was completely shocked to be honest as I've been using the SelfTestSoftware practice exam questions and on average scoring 90%. I've also got a mountain of books and years of experience... It's almost luck... Pray not to get the red herring questions!!! 

I would highly recommend the APress book Pro ASP.NET 3.5 in C# 2008. It covers pretty much everything on the exam. 

Friday, May 13, 2011 12:53 PM
  • Anyone passed this exam recently?
    I am strugling to find documentation.
    Is there appress book mentioned above in pdf too ?

Jasmin Ibrisimbegovic

Thursday, December 6, 2012 8:20 AM