Is it possible to get a customer support key for Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe? RRS feed

• Question

• My computer recently crashed with MS Money Plus Deluxe on it. I kept my checkbook on it and use it

and it is my primary resource for my information to prepare my tax return at the end of the year. Therefore it has all my info

for the first six months of this year on it. I was able to back up my files to a portable hard drive, but I must have the program installed

to my new computer. I installed it, but my key does not work to activate it. So if possible, I need a customer support override key. If

that is not possible, I need to know if you know if my MS money files can be accessed through Quicken which I understand has taken its place.

Thanks a BUNCH for a solution.

Saturday, July 16, 2011 4:16 PM

Answers

• See http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/athome/microsoft-money.aspx.

Money is no longer available and cannot be activated. Sunset is the replacement.

• Marked as answer by Sandr Deaton Monday, July 18, 2011 3:50 PM
    Saturday, July 16, 2011 5:03 PM
  • Just to be clear.  Money Sunset IS Money Plus with the activation requirement removed.  If you install Money Sunset you can use it exactly the same way as the Money Plus on your computer that crashed.  The link DominicP provided will explain it all.
    • Marked as answer by Sandr Deaton Monday, July 18, 2011 3:49 PM
    Sunday, July 17, 2011 3:06 AM

All replies

Money is no longer available and cannot be activated. Sunset is the replacement.

• Marked as answer by Sandr Deaton Monday, July 18, 2011 3:50 PM
    Saturday, July 16, 2011 5:03 PM

I have money deluxe 2006 and I never needed a key
    Saturday, July 16, 2011 9:02 PM
  • Just to be clear.  Money Sunset IS Money Plus with the activation requirement removed.  If you install Money Sunset you can use it exactly the same way as the Money Plus on your computer that crashed.  The link DominicP provided will explain it all.
    • Marked as answer by Sandr Deaton Monday, July 18, 2011 3:49 PM
    Sunday, July 17, 2011 3:06 AM
  • Money Plus Deluxe Sunset can get quotes and some statements via MoneySense. Do a search. Ask questions if you don't know how to accomplish something.

If you do want to go to Quicken, they have a fine converter to Quicken from Microsoft Money. It requires a version of Money Plus or Money 2007 to be installed to accomplish the conversion.

Sunday, July 17, 2011 5:15 AM
  • Thank you sooo much.  I have downloaded Sunset from your link.  I have not yet attempted to use it, but that will be my next step.  I can't express how much I appreciate the information from all of you.

Sandra

Sandra K Deaton
    Monday, July 18, 2011 3:52 PM