CWA signing in error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I have set-up CWA and all went well, but I cannot at the moment sign in any OCS users. I get the following error which I have not yet found any details on.

A problemoccurred and the session was ended. Please sign in again. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator.(Error code: 0-0-18401-0-0)

Any idea what the problem could be here

The client is on the same domain as the OCS server and the users can be logged in via OC client without any issues. 

Regards

Eoin
    Thursday, January 8, 2009 3:14 PM

All replies

• Make sure your SSL certificate is assigned to both the IIS site hosting CWA as well as in the CWA admin console. I have seen this when it is assigned in IIS but not in the CWA admin console.

Mark
    Tuesday, January 20, 2009 5:22 PM
  • Is your CWA located in the DMZ ? That should not be the case.
    CWA should be secured by a reverse proxy server as I requires dynamic ports to connect to the pool

- Belgian Exchange Community : http://www.pro-exchange.be -
    Tuesday, January 20, 2009 11:07 PM
  • Hi,
    I've seen this twice, and both times it was that the CWA server wasn't trusting the front end server's cert.

To be sure, though, my advice is to do a SIPStack trace on your frontend server when a user tries to log in to CWA. You will see the errors pop up in the SIPStack log.

My guess is that you will see the front-end server showing an error that says something like "Does the remote server not trust our certificate?"

If this is the case, make sure that the CA that issued the front-end server's cert is listed as a trusted root CA on the CWA box. If the cert was issued by an intermediary cert, make sure that both the CA and the intermediate CA are added to the trusted root certs.

This error really bothered me for a long time because Google etc. turns up almost nothing on the 0-0-18401-0-0 error. It took me several days to figure it out, and the SIPstack log is what finally turned up the most detail about the error & led me to the fix.

Regards,
    Matt

Matt McGillen, PointBridge - https://blogs.pointbridge.com/Blogs/mcgillen_matt/default.aspx
    Wednesday, January 21, 2009 3:47 PM