Perpetual != perpetual RRS feed

• Question

• <rant>

My "Perpetual" Beta subscription just expired. So does perpetual not mean perpetual? WTF? The Indian support guy had no clue (I don't think he understood much English). He just kept telling me I had a 1 year Perpetual Beta subscription. So how does 1 year = perpetual? What kind of dumbass thought that name up if that's not what it really is? He proceeded to tell me I have to pay to continue using the OneCare beta. Why the hell would I PAY to use a BETA!? Microsoft should be PAYING ME to test this stuff.

</rant>

Sunday, July 22, 2007 1:02 AM

Answers

• Perpetual beta questions are answered in the perpetual beta newsgroup. If you had been participating, you wouldn't have to ask these questions.
    Sunday, July 22, 2007 1:21 PM

All replies

•  I think a quick visit to the Super FAQ at the Connect site is in order:

"If the Perpetual Beta is forever, why am I receiving an expiration/cancel notice?
    The Perpetual Beta is a perpetual test environment, individual membership is not perpetual. Beta activation keys must be renewed annually. Also the membership of the Perpetual Beta is subject to periodic change and may not coincide with the expiration date of an individual's activation key.  Approximately 1 month before your key expires we'll issue you a new key. "

There are instructions on what to do in case of expiration over at the connect site for OneCare. connect.microsoft.com

Sunday, July 22, 2007 12:43 PM
  • Perpetual beta questions are answered in the perpetual beta newsgroup. If you had been participating, you wouldn't have to ask these questions.
    Sunday, July 22, 2007 1:21 PM