Errpr validating Front End Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All ,
      I am installing ocs Enterprise 2007 R2  on my machine. SQL Server and OCS are on same machine.

At the validating Front End Server Configuration step ,I am getting following error ...

Check Pool Hosted User Setting   AD search filter: (&(msRTCSIP-PrimaryHomeServer=CN=LC Services,CN=Microsoft,CN=pool01,CN=Pools,CN=RTC Service,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=Vijay164,DC=dev)(!(msRTCSIP-OptionFlags:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=256)))
    All users enabled for enhanced presence: False
    AD search filter: (&(msRTCSIP-PrimaryHomeServer=CN=LC Services,CN=Microsoft,CN=pool01,CN=Pools,CN=RTC Service,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=Vijay164,DC=dev)(msRTCSIP-OptionFlags:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=128))
    Any user enabled for voice routing: True
    AD search filter: (&(msRTCSIP-PrimaryHomeServer=CN=LC Services,CN=Microsoft,CN=pool01,CN=Pools,CN=RTC Service,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=Vijay164,DC=dev)(msRTCSIP-FederationEnabled=TRUE))
    Any user enabled for federation: False
    AD search filter: (&(msRTCSIP-PrimaryHomeServer=CN=LC Services,CN=Microsoft,CN=pool01,CN=Pools,CN=RTC Service,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=Vijay164,DC=dev)(msRTCSIP-InternetAccessEnabled=TRUE))
    Any user enabled for remote access: False
    AD search filter: (&(msRTCSIP-PrimaryHomeServer=CN=LC Services,CN=Microsoft,CN=pool01,CN=Pools,CN=RTC Service,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=Vijay164,DC=dev)(msRTCSIP-OptionFlags:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=1))
    Any user enabled for public IM connectivity: False
    Warning: One or more pool hosted users are enabled for telephony, federation or remote access, but no audio-video edge server is specified for the pool.
    Error: One or more pool hosted users are enabled for telephony, but default location profile hasn't been specified for the pool.

Failure
    [0xC3FC200D] One or more errors were detected

Thanks in advance !

Please reply asap, I am stuck at this point.
    Thursday, February 12, 2009 10:19 AM

All replies

• This means that you have checked the option for Enterprise Voice on one or more users but you haven't created and/or assigned a location profile to the pool.  The location profile defines how numbers are dialed so that users can successfully make phone calls.

Mike Stacy | Evangelyze Communications | http://www.evangelyze.net/cs/blogs/mike
    Thursday, February 12, 2009 3:06 PM
  • Hi Mike ,
     Thanks for you reply ,
                    But Can you please tell me how to specify location profile and from where ? Also , from where can I change(Disable)  enterprise voice for user ?

Please reply me asap,

Thanks & Regards,
    OCSUser

Friday, February 13, 2009 5:46 AM
  • Enterprise Voice setup is explained in the Deploying Enterprise Voice section: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd441382%28office.13%29.aspx.. I suggest you go through the guide step by step if you have never done enterprise voice before. If you don't have Exchange UM skip the parts about Exchange UM (step 1 & 3).

And as far as the user goes, select one, right click, select configure users, and you'll see the enterprise voice checkbox (if memory serves there's screen with about 6 checkboxes for the various features). At the same location, you also enabled remote access.. you should only do that if you have your edge server up and running. Otherwise, remove that checkbox.

However, the things you can do with your Enterprise Edition will still work as is despite the validation errors.. it's just that the users you configured for remote access and enterprise voice won't be able to make use of those features. For enterprise voice, you need to configure the mediation server (part of the documentation I linked to).. for remote user access you need to deploy the edge server (plus reverse proxy if you want address book download, distribution list expansion and file sharing in livemeeting).

I suggest you take it step by step... get a few test users up and running as is, and if all the features work out, add the enterprise voice, test again, and then add the edge (imho the edge is the most complex role to set up properly).

Friday, February 13, 2009 10:03 AM
  • Hey Buddy ,I am extremely sorry for replying late,
    But thanks for ur help, I create 2-3 users and testing the functionality,

but when I am validating the Front End server getting same error,

I will now try to add Edge server ,
    But Can anyone tell me anything (prerequisite) and  special care to take ...Because mine is single box set up.

Thank to all

Tuesday, February 17, 2009 11:56 AM