Installation ID Failure when trying to activate a genuine Microsoft XP pro over the phone. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm looking for a solution for this problem. I've called Microsoft and had their techies try solve it but now they arent returning my calls.

I work in IT so im not clueless when it comes to installing windows on pc's. We received a pc back from a client with a hard drive that had some issues, after swopping the hard drive with a new one, i tried to install Windows xp pro oem onto the pc, but after the installation i get to the Welcome page and then a msg comes up saying i need to activate it, if i click no it just shows the user Administrator. If i click yes i have the option to do it over internet(which i cant cause there's no ip addresses set up), so i tried the activate via phone option, once i select my country it gives me the number to dial but it DOESNT genererate an installation ID. So you cant activate it, and you cant get into windows. 

The guys as microsoft said a repair should fix it, i've tried a repair, i've formated twice, replaced ram.

Anyone got any suggestions? Its got nothing to do with the Installation CD, i've tried another.

Regards,

Reigart.
    Friday, October 12, 2007 11:06 AM

Answers

All replies