none
Setting up Windows Home Server from a MAC / OS X RRS feed

• Question

• I have recently purchased the Acer H340 NAS which comes with Windows Homer Server installed. The first step when setting up the device is installing the WHS Connector onto a computer, but unfortunately I only have MAC's and there does not seem to be any MAC versions of the WHS Connector. So... for the life of me I haven't been able to figure out how to set this thing up.

From what I understand, once my WHS has been setup... I can then use Windows Remote Desktop (mac) to connect to my Acer H340.... at for now I don't even have an IP address or server name to point remote desktop to.

Could someone please help me figure out what I need to do in order to setup WHS from my Mac. I am running Mac OS 10.5

Thanks!
    Aaron
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 3:31 PM

Answers

• As far as I know the first setup has to be done from a PC. We set up a WHS for a client that runs all MACs. I used my Windows Laptop to do the initial setup of the server, but after that setting up the MACs was a snap. My suggestion would be to do the same.
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 3:55 PM
  • The first steps must be done from Windows. You can create a virtual machine and toss a copy of Windows in it to set up your server, or borrow a PC from someone.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 3:59 PM

All replies

• As far as I know the first setup has to be done from a PC. We set up a WHS for a client that runs all MACs. I used my Windows Laptop to do the initial setup of the server, but after that setting up the MACs was a snap. My suggestion would be to do the same.
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 3:55 PM
  • The first steps must be done from Windows. You can create a virtual machine and toss a copy of Windows in it to set up your server, or borrow a PC from someone.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 3:59 PM