MoC cyclic disconnection (every 10mins) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am having the events logged every 10mins. and the reason for that is OCS client is being disconnected then reconnects back as if nothing has happened. 

We have 3 Front-end servers and we are able to identify what's causing it.  It seems that it only happens to the last Front-end server started.

We are also using a Cisco LB and if we bypass the ocspool LB VIP (i.e. use any of FE server IP), the issue does not occur.

Where should we start looking at?  Is this a LB issue?

Thanks in advance.

Event Type:    Information
    Event Source:    Communicator
    Event Category:    None
    Event ID:    12
    Date:        10/27/2008
    Time:        8:33:20 AM
    User:        N/A
    Computer:    xxxxx
    Description:
    Communicator has enabled event logging.
     Information about failed calls will be sent to the Windows event log.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Event Type:    Information
    Event Source:    Communicator
    Event Category:    None
    Event ID:    12
    Date:        10/27/2008
    Time:        8:23:18 AM
    User:        N/A
    Computer:    xxxxx
    Description:
    Communicator has enabled event logging.
     Information about failed calls will be sent to the Windows event log.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008 10:49 AM

All replies

• Try adjusting the timeout variable on the HLB as I've heard of issues like that before where the HLB drops OCS client connections when configured with a default timeout value that is too short.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008 7:43 PM
  • Did you ever find a resolution for this, we are having the same issue only with CWA and external user's who are being disconnected every 15 mins, we are also using a Cisco LB.  Any information would be very helpful, thanks.
    Thursday, November 27, 2008 12:55 PM
  • look at the idle timeout value in your balancer and see if it respects the values written in the deployment guide
    Friday, December 5, 2008 12:08 PM
  • Just FYI - I had this problem in a lab environement with 1 Front-End and no load balancer, and I could not figure it out. I never did solve it (even looking through client and server diagnostic logs).

The period of time between disconnect/re-connects varied (sometimes 20 min, sometimes 40 min).

I chalked it up to a lab environment (logged in to a PC with one set of credentials, running Communicator under another against an OCS server in a different forest & domain (with a trust relationship).  That theory does not hold up well however because I did not experience this problem for about 7 months and it started happening one day.

Friday, December 5, 2008 3:00 PM