none
How to check my windows OS is Genuine or Not

Question

• we have win XP to win 8.1 versions of OS in our company, but we need to check all the OS is Genuine or not, so that we can purchase the required OS from Microsoft
    • Edited by NTRao Monday, March 30, 2015 2:20 PM
    • Moved by Just KarlModerator Monday, March 30, 2015 7:20 PM Looking for the proper forum.
    Monday, March 30, 2015 2:20 PM

Answers

• NTR

If this is just for a few machines you can run MGA as described below.  If more than a few you need to give us more information

Post your issue to the Windows 7 Genuine Issues forum.  Here are the instructions on how to produce a diagnostic:

MGA Diagnostic Report:

To properly analyze and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the diagnostic report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop -http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )

Once downloaded, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, after a short time, the Continue button will change to a Copy button.
    Click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your post.

One Issue Per Thread:

Most Activation and Validation issues look the same, on the surface, but can have many different causes and fixes. This is why we ask for a diagnostic report and this is also why we ask that you create your own thread for your issue (in other words, don't post your issue in another person's thread). 

It just becomes too complicated to try to troubleshoot multiple different issues in the same thread.

Instructions by  Kamin of Ressik 

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Monday, March 30, 2015 2:28 PM

All replies

• you can check the license activation using slmgr -dli or even reinitiate the activation using slmgr -ato

However, having Windows activate does not guarantee you have a valid license. You should check if the product key matches the OEM key on the device sticker, or matches a volume license key that  has a running subscription.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/genuine

MCP/MCSA/MCTS/MCITP

Monday, March 30, 2015 2:27 PM
  • NTR

If this is just for a few machines you can run MGA as described below.  If more than a few you need to give us more information

Post your issue to the Windows 7 Genuine Issues forum.  Here are the instructions on how to produce a diagnostic:

MGA Diagnostic Report:

To properly analyze and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the diagnostic report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop -http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )

Once downloaded, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, after a short time, the Continue button will change to a Copy button.
    Click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your post.

One Issue Per Thread:

Most Activation and Validation issues look the same, on the surface, but can have many different causes and fixes. This is why we ask for a diagnostic report and this is also why we ask that you create your own thread for your issue (in other words, don't post your issue in another person's thread). 

It just becomes too complicated to try to troubleshoot multiple different issues in the same thread.

Instructions by  Kamin of Ressik 

Monday, March 30, 2015 2:28 PM
  • Hi Team,

could you send me URL to download MGA diagnostic tool for windows 8, windows 8.1 and windows XP.

Thanks in advance..

regards

Teja

Monday, March 30, 2015 2:40 PM
  • Teja

See the link in my last post

Monday, March 30, 2015 2:48 PM
  • Ya but it showing only for windows 7 or below version, it is not supporting for win 8

is there any another tool for win 8 or higher versions

thanks in advance

Teja

Monday, March 30, 2015 3:08 PM
  • Hello,

The Windows Desktop Perfmon and Diagnostic tools forum is to discuss performance monitor (perfmon), resource monitor (resmon), and task manager, focusing on HOW-TO, Errors/Problems, and usage scenarios.

As the question is off topic here, I am moving it to the Where is the Forum... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Monday, March 30, 2015 7:19 PM
  • Thanks For your time Mr Karl
    Tuesday, March 31, 2015 4:25 AM