none
Can't upload photos to my Blog via WLW

Question

• Hi Folks,
    I am having major problems trying to upload ppics to my Blog, via WLW.  Is anyone else having the same problem?

Heeelp.

Sally
    Sunday, March 07, 2010 7:11 AM

Answers

• Right Sally well as I have a blog on Blogger as well, we'll try and sort this one out. When Writer uses the Photo Album feature it saves all those photos contained in the Photo Album to Windows Live Sky Drive. That is why when you try to use it, it always asks for a Windows Live ID first. So make sure Sally that you have a Windows Live ID (it doesn't have to be a Live or Hotmail address, you can use any email address for your  Live ID.
    Then it should ask you (after you have filled in your Live ID username (email address) and password that is) to give your Photo Album a name, and also its permissions. Now because you are wanting to use the Photo Album feature inside Blogger and therefore allow all your readers to be able to access the Photo's within that inserted album, you MUST make sure that you set the permissions to EVERYONE, so that they can see it.

I will do a test post for you to show that it is possible to do on one of my Blogger blogs here at http://techno-gran.blogspot.com To see how it works, click on the View Full Album under my included Photo Album and you will be then taken to my SkyDrive on Windows Live to view them.

This is why I recently asked the team to make the Photo Album feature be configurable with other sites such as Picasa, flickr etc, so that if users of Live Writer are NOT on Windows Live they can use another site of their choice.

TG (give me a few hours to do the test post for you Sally, OK?
    • Marked as answer by Sally14 Sunday, March 07, 2010 12:46 PM
    Sunday, March 07, 2010 11:39 AM

All replies

• Sally how are you trying to upload them, by placing them inside a post or via the Photo Album? (or maybe you are using a plug-in.) Can you be more specific and then maybe I can help you.

So you use Windows Live Spaces or some other blogging site such as Wordpress or Blogger? Please post back with more details.

Thanks

TG
    Sunday, March 07, 2010 8:19 AM
  • Hi TG,

I use WLW and it is when I am trying to upload Photo Albums.  I insertphotys as Photo Albums, into my draft Blog and then try to Publish.  The photo albums are going into my Windows Live Photo Gallery.  I have been able to upload to my Blog with sinlge photos which I have inseted into the Blog posting.  I don't have any Plugins. 

I use Google's Blog Spot Blogger for my Blog, and have had no problems in the past.  Here is the link to my Blog: http://onthewallabytrack.blogspot.com/

Looking forward to your assistance.

Thanks
    Sally
    Sunday, March 07, 2010 10:41 AM
  • Right Sally well as I have a blog on Blogger as well, we'll try and sort this one out. When Writer uses the Photo Album feature it saves all those photos contained in the Photo Album to Windows Live Sky Drive. That is why when you try to use it, it always asks for a Windows Live ID first. So make sure Sally that you have a Windows Live ID (it doesn't have to be a Live or Hotmail address, you can use any email address for your  Live ID.
    Then it should ask you (after you have filled in your Live ID username (email address) and password that is) to give your Photo Album a name, and also its permissions. Now because you are wanting to use the Photo Album feature inside Blogger and therefore allow all your readers to be able to access the Photo's within that inserted album, you MUST make sure that you set the permissions to EVERYONE, so that they can see it.

I will do a test post for you to show that it is possible to do on one of my Blogger blogs here at http://techno-gran.blogspot.com To see how it works, click on the View Full Album under my included Photo Album and you will be then taken to my SkyDrive on Windows Live to view them.

This is why I recently asked the team to make the Photo Album feature be configurable with other sites such as Picasa, flickr etc, so that if users of Live Writer are NOT on Windows Live they can use another site of their choice.

TG (give me a few hours to do the test post for you Sally, OK?
    • Marked as answer by Sally14 Sunday, March 07, 2010 12:46 PM
    Sunday, March 07, 2010 11:39 AM
  • Hi TG,

Thanks for the speedy response, sorry I took so long to reply to yur first message, but, I was writing to my BLog.

I do have a Windows Live ID and I have up loaded other albums via WLW in the past.  It is only the last day or so that I have not been able to do so?????  I have not changed my permissions, so I don't know what is going on.  I have actually loaded 2 albums tonight to my Windows Live SkyDrive, just to see if that will help me in loading my albums to my draft Blog.   

I am wondering if you could test something out for me as well please?  IF you go to my Blog see if you can click on one of the View Albums and see if it works.  Maybe it never has and no-one has told me??? Hmmm  LOL.

I live in Australia, it is 11pm Sunday night, so I'm off to bed.  I will check your Blog tomorrow, so please don't rush. 

Thanks for all your help, it is very much apprecaited.  Have a good day or night (depends where you live LOL).

G'day for now,

Sally :)
    Sunday, March 07, 2010 12:07 PM
  • Yes Sally your Photo Albums are accessable from your blog so you are doing everything right. Do be aware that the Windows Live teams are currently 'tinkering around' with the site so that could be a factor as well.
    Do you see the photos being published in the small window once you click on Publish? If you have Writer set to always take you to your blog as soon as a new post is published does this happen?

Try again tonight and see if it now works.

TG
    Sunday, March 07, 2010 12:45 PM

• Hi TG,

I have been able to upload an album, using the one I had loaded to the SkyDrive. I was not able to find anywhere in WLW the part about Privacy for albums, anyway it worked. I did nothing different than before, except loading pics from my online album... Don't know what is happening??

I have checked our your Blog & tried to leave comments, but, the word verification doesn't display correctly and I am not able to leave you a comment.  I have signed up as a Follower. will enjoy reading your Blog. Wher did you get the theme, they are not all that crash hot on Blogger are they?     

Thanks again for your help,

Sally

Sunday, March 07, 2010 12:46 PM
  • What do you mean the word verification doesn't display correctly? Hmm, will have to check on this thanks Sally! Ill leave you a  comment on you blog about loads of blogger themes and where to get your hands on them! There are tons!

TG
    Sunday, March 07, 2010 1:54 PM