Outlook client 4.0 crash RRS feed

• Question

• OK, trying to resolve the following on a 64 bit laptop running CRM 4.0 light client.

When running Diagnostics I receive the following error:

<Type>Microsoft.Crm.Outlook.Diagnostics.ApplicationEndpointDiagnosticCheck</Type>
    <Title>Verifying Web access.</Title>
      <Status>Failed</Status>
      <Details>Microsoft.Crm.Outlook.Diagnostics.DiagnosticCheckException: The Web
    address (URL) specified for the installation (http://myserver:5555/Contoso) is
    not responding. Diagnostic tests that require connectivity will not be run.
    Verify the specified Web service address and check for connectivity. If
    necessary, rerun the CRM Configuration Wizard. ---> System.Net.WebException:
    The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. at
    System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request)
    at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadData(Uri address) at
    System.Net.WebClient.DownloadData(String address) at
    Microsoft.Crm.Outlook.Diagnostics.ApplicationEndpointDiagnosticCheck.Execute(BackgroundWorker
    backgroundWorker) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at
    Microsoft.Crm.Outlook.Diagnostics.ApplicationEndpointDiagnosticCheck.Execute(BackgroundWorker
    backgroundWorker) at
    Microsoft.Crm.Outlook.Diagnostics.DiagnosticCheck.DeepExecute(BackgroundWorker
    backgroundWorker)
    </Details>

Interestingly enough MS CRM works fine otherwise. I am able to track emails, creation activities in MS CRM, no problem. My chief problem is that when I try to sync outlook contacts, Outlook crashes (kicks me out of the app)

APPCRASH
    Application Name: OUTLOOK.EXE
    Application Version: 12.0.6316.5000
    Application Timestamp: 4833a470
    Fault Module Name: kernel32.dll

Every so often I will receive the MS CRM toolbar icon stating 'Connection Lost', even though I am still happily browsing to MS CRM.

Help appreciated,

thanks,

Karlo
    Friday, December 12, 2008 8:37 AM

Answers

• Ok, well managed to resolve the issue with Outlook crashing : Update Rollup 1 seems to resolve it.

Still receiving the same diagnostics result however.

Thanks,

Karlo

Friday, December 12, 2008 10:40 AM