CRM 2011 - Field OnChange to Cancel and Re-Run Workflow RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, 

We have a form for an entity tracking contractors. One of the fields on this form is a date field for when the contractors Insurance expires. We have a workflow in place that fires when the date field is changed, and will email a member of staff 1 day before that date, so they can contact the contractor and get a copy of an up to date insurance document.

That's all well and good, but these dates get changed sometimes. How can I make the workflow stop and re-run when these dates are changed? As at current, I think if the date is changed to a date that is closer than before, the workflow wont pick it up, and will work off of the date value that initially fired the workflow off. 

Any ideas? Or can anyone confirm that the workflow will actually update itself on the fly and work off of the new date that is put in?

Thanks, Dave.

Wednesday, December 4, 2013 3:50 PM

All replies

• Dave,

When the user changes the date, the workflow will update automatically and timeout will be on the new date. Refer this post  for good info on the wait conditions.

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

• Proposed as answer by Mamatha Swamy Wednesday, December 4, 2013 5:47 PM
    Wednesday, December 4, 2013 5:47 PM