none
Mirror laptop to desktop

Question

• I have a laptop running Windows 7 and a new desktop running windows 8.1. The new desktop did not come pre-loaded with any Microsoft software (word, excel, etc). I am trying to find out if I can copy everything (files, docs, software, pictures, etc.) from my laptop to the new desktop in essence making it a mirror image onto the desktop. Then run some sort of sync program to keep both up-to-date with each other. Is this even possible? I'd hate to have to purchase a ton of software and use a USB to copy over all files. My intention is to be able to have my assistant use the desktop while at office and for me to "see" any new files, docs, etc. she added while I use the laptop on the road so ensuring both have identical information is important. Please offer any thoughts if this is even feasible. Thanks!
    Saturday, February 15, 2014 5:09 PM

All replies

• Is this a thought?

That sounds like a good idea but replicating programs is not possible in any means.

Lets talk about solutions. If you want to verify or monitor the tasks done by your assistant, have a Remote software on your assistant computer and you need not to have any applications to be on your computer.

My suggestion here is you can login to the computer remotely and you can check the outputs with out having office programs on your laptop.

ALL THE BEST

Praveen Valluri

Sunday, February 16, 2014 2:43 AM