Having trouble installing Windows Home Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hello can someone help me?

I’ve been trying to install Windows Home Server trial version on a system I built….. No… no… no…  don’t blame it on the builder, I built at least 100 Machines in my time and all work well OS included in fact this system I’m on I built and is working great and it has Vista Ultimate on it.

On this system it has a Intel DG33tl Mother Board, with a Intel Pentium 4 Dual Core 2.00 GHz CPU, with 3.00 GBs of Ampex DDR2 800Mhz RAM, With 1 Western Digital WDC WD5000ABYS-01TNA0 500GB SATA 3.0 Hard Drive. Yet every time I Try to install WHS it goes through the motion almost until it's fully installed then I get the "BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH". I tried everything as far as removing and changing HDs, CPUs, Motherboards, & RAMs and still I get the "BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH". I'm all thought out can anyone help me?   Is anyone out there having the same problems....?

Jonathon

Sunday, February 28, 2010 12:52 AM

Answers

I’ve been trying to install Windows Home Server trial version on a system I built….. No… no… no…  don’t blame it on the builder, I built at least 100 Machines in my time and all work well OS included in fact this system I’m on I built and is working great and it has Vista Ultimate on it.

On this system it has a Intel DG33tl Mother Board, with a Intel Pentium 4 Dual Core 2.00 GHz CPU, with 3.00 GBs of Ampex DDR2 800Mhz RAM, With 1 Western Digital WDC WD5000ABYS-01TNA0 500GB SATA 3.0 Hard Drive. Yet every time I Try to install WHS it goes through the motion almost until it's fully installed then I get the "BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH". I tried everything as far as removing and changing HDs, CPUs, Motherboards, & RAMs and still I get the "BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH". I'm all thought out can anyone help me?   Is anyone out there having the same problems....?

Jonathon

Is there an error code/message?  If you're using your SATA drive as SATA, are you installing the necessary drivers for it to be recognized?  Have you tried changing the SATA ports to IDE/Legacy mode (for compatibility)?
    Sunday, February 28, 2010 1:50 AM

All replies

Jonathon

Is there an error code/message?  If you're using your SATA drive as SATA, are you installing the necessary drivers for it to be recognized?  Have you tried changing the SATA ports to IDE/Legacy mode (for compatibility)?
    Sunday, February 28, 2010 1:50 AM
  • How may reboots have you seen before running into the BSOD?
    And as kariya said, change the SATA controller mode in BIOS to IDE (ATA/PATA) compatible mode to avoid the need to provide SATA drivers (one time during the classic installation this would require a floppy disk).
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Sunday, February 28, 2010 8:58 AM
  • Hello Everybody I just wanna say Thanks to kariya21 it seems that she was right the Serial ATA (SATA) not turned on to Legacy was the problem so far it's installing and it's down to the final installation and now it's done thank you hope I can call on you if I have problems Configure It.

Thanks Again
    Jonathon
    Monday, March 1, 2010 7:06 PM
  • ... I just wanna say Thanks to kariya21 it seems that she was right ...
    That would be "he". :D
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, March 1, 2010 9:55 PM
  • That would be "he". :D
    Yeah, that's not the first time that's happened either.  (Sigh... If only hockey was a more popular sport in this country...  :)  )
    Tuesday, March 2, 2010 6:30 AM
  • Hockey in the US = "Thugs on ice" for the most part. Or that's the popular perception, anyway. And the NHL hasn't helped that perception much over the years...

Tuesday, March 2, 2010 3:49 PM