Office 2002/2003 RRS feed

• Question

•  

I created a mess on my computer(s) - using one of the first HP-IMaq s.  It needs Office Outlook 2002,   which came along with the system.   Other peripherie needs Office Outlook 2003.   I all bought them from "real" honest shops mostly  in the USA.  After moving to Europe I changed many things to my new computer as well.  All software is validated in itself. I never used software without the licence.  

But:  My old version of HP- IMaq is not running with 2003, which came with the new computer. So I took out the component Outlook 2003 and changed that part to 2002. 

Nothing is compatible.  I think, that Microsoft does not do us favors to validate old software for Peripheral instruments and not building a bridge to the software in new computers.  Until now I tried to fix my computer problems myself, but now I cannot get updates for 2002, which I need, because on my computer is mainly 2003 installed, with the exeption of outlook, which I had to bring back to the software 2002.

Please, Microsoft-engineers, make sure, that components are up- and down compatible.

Old people like me do have already many problems to go along with their computers,  do not make it more difficult for us.

Not all failed validations are caused by fraud.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008 9:37 AM

Answers

• This is Katharina again -   I wrote IMaq,  but it should be IPaq.    Sorry for this mistake.    In the meantime on another site of Microsoft, my complete software was validated.  There must be a difference in many pages, how they accept your validation request.  Difference between German and English as well?

• Marked as answer by JeniferA Thursday, September 11, 2008 7:39 PM
    Tuesday, April 29, 2008 10:19 AM