Beware of http://www.keyoem.com/ RRS feed

• Question

• Pretty sure I just got a bum key at the time they were selling the key for 74$ I figured it was just some whole seller selling off their keys and the key worked fine for 3 months until now... I go back to the website and now its 34$ .. hmmmm. Anyways I have demand a refund got my paypal receit and all so I can always try to get a refund through paypal as well.

keyoem.com

Also the site looked pretty legit when I first went their pricing not overly low ect.. but after key being blocked I went back and looked at the sight prices are too low to be legal and copyright is out of date on the site. The title was Microsoft Key and I was referred their by a search engine looking for replacement keys after losing mine in my recent move to a new appartment.

Anyways figured I pass this on so no one else gets sold a bad key..

Hope Microsoft shuts them down....

• Edited by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, December 13, 2011 8:19 PM removed link to site
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 6:20 AM

Answers

• No one can legitimately sell bare product keys.  Microsoft requires that both software and key be sold as one package.  That comes up here frequently.  What you describe is indeed one of the counterfeit Windows schemes on the net.  Also, counterfeit boxed copies of Windows 7 are all over the online auctions, the Amazon Marketplace, and the discount websites.  They are produced by excellent equipment in China using product keys from fraudulently obtained MSDN subscriptions.  The only safe place to purchase Windows 7 online is from the Microsoft Store, Amazon Corp., or other respected Microsoft partner. 
    Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, December 13, 2011 8:20 PM
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 4:36 PM
    Answerer