HP Ex470 -- Online backup feature not working after upgrade to 3.0 RRS feed

• Question

• I know this is a microsoft WHS forum, and not specific to any one brand/model, but I'm hoping someone here has experience with this.

I recently upgraded my HP EX470 home server with the version 3 disks purchased from hp.  Since the upgrade, I can't get the hp online backup working.  I've tried downloading the add-in, but it won't run on this version of the software.  On the tour page in the new software, under remote access, it does list online backup as an option, but I can't find where the add in would be built in. 

Has anyone else upgraded with the v3 software or perhaps owns a ex495, and got the online backup working with it?

Sunday, May 23, 2010 12:58 AM

All replies

• Have you checked with HP?
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Sunday, May 23, 2010 1:32 AM
  • I haven't called them yet, but have searched all over their online support offerings and can't find anything that even suggests there would be a problem.  The download for the online backup add-in hasn't been updated since well before the 3.0 update came out.

I figure I may end up having to give them a call, but since my server is well out of warranty, I don't expect much help from their support number.

Sunday, May 23, 2010 1:40 AM