none
How to update/sync % Work Complete or % Complete column value of Task to another MPP Project file/Task List (with same Task names etc) everytime user updates RRS feed

• Question

• I have two MPP Project files or rather Task Lists with same Task Names/Resources etc. One Task List is to be edited by users to change only the % Complete column (or % Work Complete column in project file) of the task assigned to them. The other Task List is master file which must retain the updated value of % Complete column every time user makes a change.

Meaning user A changes the % Complete of a task assigned to him to 90%, this should trigger that the updated value of that particular task gets updated in the Master Task list

Is it possible through any SharePoint solution (or VBA script maybe) which can run every time user update's his specific (allocated to him) tasks? How will I restrict users to update only the task assigned to them and How to restrict them to only change % Complete column

I have tried with SharePoint Designer Workflow giving permissions to only Assigned To user but how will I achieve item to item updation / sync between two Task Lists each time the user makes a change?
    Wednesday, November 6, 2019 6:29 AM

All replies

• I think you have a long list of painful learning to make that work, even with VBA.

I would keep things very simple. Try saving the project as an excel file. Your users can update the Excel file and you can then import it and merge with you current project. Use the ID (if they have remained unchanged since saving) for the merge key. You could use VBA to save multiple copies of the file, one for each resource. See if it works first, do the export and import manually.

Getting the basics right is easy. Its handling all the exceptions or rare combinations of things that take the time.

Cheers,

Rod Gill
    Author of the one and only Project VBA Book and VBA developer.
    www.project-systems.co.nz

Friday, November 8, 2019 8:42 AM