Dashboard crashing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I've been searching all over the net and have not found a solution :(

I've been playing with some addins for WHS 2011.
    iHomeServer and My Movies. They worked fine, although i decided not to user them anymore.

I uninstalled the 2 addins above through the "programs and features" in the control panel.
    Since i did that I can no longer open the dashboard.

This is the error i'm getting:

Application: Dashboard.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.IO.FileNotFoundException

Stack:

at Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Administration.Extensibility.PluginManager.ObjectModelInitialization(System.Object, Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Administration.Extensibility.InitializeObjectModel)

at Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Dashboard.Forms.Content.ConsolePageFactory.CreateConsolePage(System.Object, System.ComponentModel.IComponent)

at Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Dashboard.Forms.Content.TabControlFactory.GetPages(Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Administration.ObjectModel.Internal.IContentNode, Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Dashboard.Forms.ComponentServices.NestedServiceContainer ByRef)

at Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Dashboard.Forms.Content.TabControlFactory.CreateTopLevelTab(Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Controls.Subtab.SubtabBar, Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Dashboard.Forms.Controls.Tabstrip.TabstripWinformsHost, Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Administration.ObjectModel.Internal.IContentNode, Boolean)

at Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Dashboard.Forms.Content.TabControlFactory.CreateTabControl(System.Object, System.ComponentModel.IComponent)

at Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Dashboard.Forms.MainForm.RenderContent(System.Object)

at Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Dashboard.Forms.MainForm.Create(Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Dashboard.Forms.Content.ContentProvider)

at Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Dashboard.Program.Main()

What have i Tried to resolve
    - I've already tried to reinstall the rollup windows update 3 package (uninstall - reboot - install)
    - Launch the dashboard in safe mode, that works only if i disable ALL addins. that's (add-ins, computers and backup, hard drvies, home, server folders en  Users).
    1 by 1 they all come in "Crash Detected", and only if i disable them all, I can launch the dasboard. Off course, it's an empty dashboard then and with en empty dashboard there's nothing to be done...

Hopefully somebody can help me...

Thx in advance for the one who does!

Thursday, November 8, 2012 11:24 PM

All replies

• anyone?!?
    Saturday, November 10, 2012 7:07 PM
  • Wise after the event, but the correct way to remove an add-in is via the Dashboard. Have you tried reinstalling the add-ins and seeing if the dashboard then opens? If so, you can remove them the proper way. Do you have server backups you can restore to a state before you tried playing?

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Saturday, November 10, 2012 8:56 PM