Stock updtaes not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I have been using Microsoft Money for year and i got my stock values automatically updated every day. But my last update is now 1st of July 2013. Since this date the values are no longer updated even if MS Money tells last update: 07/05/2013.

I am located in France.

Thank you for any answer

Friday, July 5, 2013 6:31 AM

All replies

• Same here in the US.  My online updates stopped on Monday, July 1st, 2013.  I'm still using Pocketsence's Python for updates, but they're not real-time.
    Friday, July 5, 2013 10:11 PM
  • Same here, although my funds continue to update - just the stocks that have stopped.

Still the best package out there - wish Microsoft would relaunch - would happily pay an annual fee to keep this software, nothing else compares and I have spent hours downloading trial software from all other sources I can find!

Saturday, July 6, 2013 2:16 PM
  • How to get an answer from Microsoft team ?

Is it a bug ? did they stop a service a server or did their partner stop this service/server

Thursday, July 11, 2013 5:31 PM
  • Couldn't agree more Dazza2001.

I've also been using it for years in Australia and if I can't find another programme that will import from Money 2005, I'll be very much inconvenienced and annoyed. It would take weeks to do manually, if I can do it at all. But without the quote update facility working, Money 2005 is not the programme I bought in good faith and I'll have to look elsewhere. However, from what you have said above, it would seem I'll have trouble doing that.

If Microsoft have discontinued the service then they've taken away a facility that I've already purchased and I'm not at all sure that that's right.

But like you, I too would be happy to pay an annual licence fee, providing it's reasonable, for convenience sake.

• Edited by PC Troubles Friday, July 12, 2013 1:24 AM Edit
    Thursday, July 11, 2013 11:18 PM
  • According to this post, the Quote servers were shut down.

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/879477c2-54e3-487f-8d47-fcaa62180cd7/quote-servers-serving-microsoft-money-gone

Whilst I have great sympathy (long time Money user currently using Money 2005 UK), I also realise that the product is now

UNSUPPORTED and the EULA originally stated that online services ran for 2 years.  

I switched to manual price updating (about 50 different prices) when Microsoft originally announced they were dropping support.

For me and I suspect many others, there is no replacement for Money, so I'll have to live with any restrictions that now occur.

Of bigger concern to me is that at some point in the future (due to either Windows or IE changes) large parts of the product just don't

work at all. That would be a disaster. 

Friday, July 12, 2013 11:24 AM