Multiple user accounts for OneCare RRS feed

• Question

• Today I opened my Parental Controls window and noticed that there are 2 accounts named “Windows Live OneCare User for Centralized Backup”.  I am on the hub system and have one other PC in my circle.  Is this normal to have 2 user accounts?  The activity logs show that they both were used on the single date that would have been the last scheduled backup for both PC's, but for different lengths of time.

After my initial install of WLOC, I had to reload Vista on the hub.  I inadvertently changed the name of the PC from Mike to Michael (just not thinking).  WLOC didn’t like that too much, but it was an easy fix.  I was just wondering if this is fallout from that, or if it is normal to have a user account for each PC in the circle.

Thanks.

Monday, July 28, 2008 12:56 AM

Answers

• I moved your post to the backup topic.

I don't use Parental Controls, but this would seem to be normal for the OneCare backup service on 2 PCs accessing the centralized backup.

-steve

Monday, July 28, 2008 5:22 PM

All replies

• I moved your post to the backup topic.

I don't use Parental Controls, but this would seem to be normal for the OneCare backup service on 2 PCs accessing the centralized backup.

-steve

Monday, July 28, 2008 5:22 PM
  • Yeah, I don't use Parental Controls either.  I'm not a parent.  I am the only real person using my PC.  Can't say why I even opened the darn thing.  It is odd though. Those user accounts do not show up anywhere else on the PC. Doesn't bother me, just curious.  Thanks for the response.

Thursday, July 31, 2008 12:18 AM