Vista 64 bit RRS feed

• Question

• Not to drag up what should be an old issue, but, my daughter just purchased a laptop running Vista Home Premium on a 64 bit platform.  When I ran the connector software on her computer I received the message "WHS does not support this edition of windows"  I have had Power Pack 1 installed on my HP EX470 since it came out, but still received this message.  Any solutions would be greatly welcome; thanks!!
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 12:56 AM

Answers

• marulesbob said:

Not to drag up what should be an old issue, but, my daughter just purchased a laptop running Vista Home Premium on a 64 bit platform.  When I ran the connector software on her computer I received the message "WHS does not support this edition of windows"  I have had Power Pack 1 installed on my HP EX470 since it came out, but still received this message.  Any solutions would be greatly welcome; thanks!!

How did you try to install the Connector and which file did you click on to launch the connector install?

Try running the install using http://<servername>:55000

If this still fails, please provide us with the version numbers in the Windows Home Server console under settings>resources

Thanks
    Lara Jones [MSFT] | Program Manager
    Community Support and Beta | Windows Home Server Team
    Windows Home Server Team Blog
    Connect Windows Home Server
    Windows Home Server
    • Marked as answer by marulesbob Tuesday, March 24, 2009 1:57 AM
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 1:01 AM

All replies

• marulesbob said:

Not to drag up what should be an old issue, but, my daughter just purchased a laptop running Vista Home Premium on a 64 bit platform.  When I ran the connector software on her computer I received the message "WHS does not support this edition of windows"  I have had Power Pack 1 installed on my HP EX470 since it came out, but still received this message.  Any solutions would be greatly welcome; thanks!!

How did you try to install the Connector and which file did you click on to launch the connector install?

Try running the install using http://<servername>:55000

If this still fails, please provide us with the version numbers in the Windows Home Server console under settings>resources

Thanks
    Lara Jones [MSFT] | Program Manager
    Community Support and Beta | Windows Home Server Team
    Windows Home Server Team Blog
    Connect Windows Home Server
    Windows Home Server
    • Marked as answer by marulesbob Tuesday, March 24, 2009 1:57 AM
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 1:01 AM
  • Thanks ten-million; that did the trick!!!!!!!!
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 1:58 AM
  • To be a little more specific, the version of the connector on the CD supplied by HP is now out of date. You should keep the disk in case you ever need to perform a server recovery (since you'll need to take the server through OOBE and that will require an appropriate version of the connector), but for installing the connector on new hardware do as Lara suggested.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 5:33 AM