Wireless Router Problems RRS feed

• Question

• Live OneCare is not allowing my wireless network to work. Ihave an HP Pavilion dv6700 Notebook PC with Microsoft Vista Home Premium OS my router is a Netgear WGR614 v7 54 Mbps Router. Canu you help solve the problem.

Tuesday, September 2, 2008 3:25 PM

Answers

• I reinstall my Netgear software and it corrected the problem. Thank you for the help.

Saturday, September 6, 2008 12:48 PM

All replies

•  

PastorDarling,

Thank you for visiting the OneCare forum for Wifi.  It is most likely a coincidence that the wireless network has temporarily failed.  Is your network back up and running?

While I was uninstalling OneCare the internet failed at the same time, but I found out that it was because the internet connection was temporarily failing as well and just at the time Live OneCare was being uninstalled. I was able to reinstall OneCare and it works fine now.

How is your situation now?  Has your wireless connection worked before with Windows Live OneCare? Was there anything that changed between then and now?  Have you reset the router?

Lori MS

Wednesday, September 3, 2008 9:01 PM
  • A little more information would be helpful here.

Do you mean that no computer can access the Internet or just the PC that OneCare was installed on? Have you tried rebooting the router?

-steve

Thursday, September 4, 2008 1:30 PM
  • I reinstall my Netgear software and it corrected the problem. Thank you for the help.

Saturday, September 6, 2008 12:48 PM