none
Intermittent GSP receiver connection on Surface Pro 8 RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have been using S&T 2013 with locator on a Surface Pro 128G. Its been a bit frustrating withn loading and reloading software buit that's another story. In general the application works well but the Icons are a bit small for touch tablet use in a mobile environment. I use the locator (GPS receiver) without the cable but it was very intermittent as the USB connector cannot fully engage in the Surface's USB connector. The locator has a small plastic extrusion on the connector that prevents it from fully engaging in the USB connector because of the angled sides of the Surface. Just slighlty touching the locator  would discoonect it from the Surface. My solution was to file or cut away that grey plastic extrusion on the top of the USB locator connector and then cut the side extrusions to about 45 degrees. This enables the locator to fully engage in the Surface USB connector. The enclosed USB cable supplied with the locator seems to fit well as it's outet USB connector shell is longer.
    Thursday, February 28, 2013 5:39 PM

All replies