Alphabetical bar missing in Outlook Client 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Where is Alphabetical bar in CRM 2011 Outlook Client? I Cant find it. In Browser client it exists.

Jani

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 9:47 AM

Answers

• Hi JokiJani

Yes, this is bar is not available in Outlook Client. Use the new filter mode in CRM 2011 instead! Hope this helps!

Kind regards

• Proposed as answer by CRMBE Tuesday, June 14, 2011 12:23 PM
    • Marked as answer by JokiJani Tuesday, June 14, 2011 12:40 PM
    Tuesday, June 14, 2011 12:23 PM

All replies

• Does Anybody know this for shure,

Is the Alphabet bar removed from CRM 2011 Outlook Client?

Wednesday, June 8, 2011 1:29 PM
  • Sorry, I don't have the Outlook Client installed on this machine so I am unable to confirm.  Bumping to see if someone can respond who has it installed.

Regards, Donna

Saturday, June 11, 2011 2:39 AM
  • Hi JokiJani

Yes, this is bar is not available in Outlook Client. Use the new filter mode in CRM 2011 instead! Hope this helps!

Kind regards

• Proposed as answer by CRMBE Tuesday, June 14, 2011 12:23 PM
    • Marked as answer by JokiJani Tuesday, June 14, 2011 12:40 PM
    Tuesday, June 14, 2011 12:23 PM
  • that is incorrect. some of the entities do still have the alphabet bar (index bar) at the bottom of the screen.
    Saturday, December 24, 2011 7:22 PM
  • I don't see the Alphabet Bar in the CRM Outlook Client for 2011 with Office 2010.  Maybe you have a different version?  If you have the same version on which entities in the CRM Outlook Client do you see the alphabet bar?

Regards, Donna

Saturday, December 24, 2011 8:23 PM
  • Office Professional Plus 2010
    Entities: Campaigns, Activities, Reports...
    Monday, December 26, 2011 3:28 PM
  • Not sure how you are seeing an Alphabet bar in the CRM Outlook 2011 Client using Outlook 2010 but my hat is off to you ;)

I checked those entities in my Outlook Client and no Alphabet bar for me

Happy Holidays!

Regards, Donna

Monday, December 26, 2011 8:44 PM
  • is that the official Microsoft position? or do I put the request at another forum for followup? I have not see any offical Microsoft release or documentation stating that the Index Bar was being taken away. So I need an appropriate response to my end users.

Thursday, December 29, 2011 2:09 PM
  • If you want to use the alphabet bar in outlook client you can build a custom dashboard and add one or more lists for your entity. In all other views you´ll have the filter option.

Carsten Groth http://carstengroth.wordpress.com
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 2:14 PM
  • Hi,

This forum does not represent Microsoft's position on the product.  This forum is monitored by CRM MVP moderators.  The information provided in the form of responses is intended to be helpful.  You can use Connect to provide feedback directly to Microsoft.

I hope this helps.

Regards, Donna

Thursday, December 29, 2011 2:21 PM
  • Thanks! will do. my scenario is a Crm 4.0 upgrade to Crm 2011...it would be interesting to see whether the outlook client displaying alphabet bar is a remnant for upgrade customers only...and not for fresh Crm2011  installs...if other installations have run into this issue...please reply.
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 3:10 PM
  • Finally made some progress. There is not much information on this topic on the web...

The index bar is based on browser functionality. Microsoft is moving towards tigher integration with Outlook so they have removed the browser functinaltiy for certain key entitities (and replaced it with the Filter approach). The key to look for is the URL parameter in sitemap. if there is a url parameter, then the entity uses Internet explorer functionality inside of Outlook. If there is no URL, then MIcrosoft is using the integrated approach, i.e. filter approach.

IT WOULD BE NICE IF MICROSOFT DOCUMENTED THIS.

We opend a support ticket with Microsoft and the representative was not helpful (in this area). Thanks to a colleague who figured it out. We will continute playing around with this to see if there are issues with re-implementing the browser approach back into the entities in Outlook as the users like the index bar functionality.

• Proposed as answer by NaveedAnwar Wednesday, January 11, 2012 3:35 PM
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 3:35 PM