none
Scrolling does not work in UWP app created with Cordova when running in local mode RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    I have an application which needs to run in local mode. However, when local mode is enabled (by setting <preference name="WindowsDefaultUriPrefix" value="ms-appx://" /> in the config.xml), scrolling does not work anymore (scrollbar is also not displayed).

In remote mode, on the other side, scrolling works correctly.

A repository with a simple example application is on github under:

github.com/dominic-simplan/cordova-scrolling
    (unfortunately I am not allowed to post links yet)

Just run:

npm install -g cordova
    npm install
    cordova prepare
    cordova build
    cordova run windows

I tried this on multiple devices, it is really stange that I am the only one having this issue, other cordova windows apps running in local mode should be affected as well...?

Any idea what the issue might be?

Thanks, Dominic
    Thursday, August 16, 2018 8:00 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Since the problem is more related to cordova and it is out of the scope of UWP forum, I suggest that you might need to ask about this in Cordova's official forum.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 17, 2018 6:07 AM
  • Hello Roy,

I was able to reproduce this with a pure JS UWP app, and created a new post with more details, see https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/20fc3a14-fe70-4d8d-ab47-e63b21ff391d/scrolling-does-not-work-in-js-uwp-app-with-direct-access-to-windows-uwp-api?forum=wpdevelop

Best regards,

Dominic

Sunday, August 19, 2018 8:55 AM