Unable to connect to data source 'DataSource1'. RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

I am new in MSCRM 2013 reporting module, I got assigned a task to create one sample custom report in on-line MSCRM 2013.

I have installed the MSCRM 2013 reporting extension on server and followed all steps to connect with CRM server  but when trying to fir Query Designer getting attached error. i cross checked the credential its fine. Please help me to resolve the issue.

Thanks in Advance

Mohammad Sharique

Thursday, October 30, 2014 6:15 AM

Answers

• Please share what you put in connection string. Also specify what BIDS visual studio version your are using? 

You can repair or reinstall your reporting extension. Restart your system and try again.

Please make sure you are using the right version of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Report Authoring Extension.

Second, please make sure the connection string is correct, for CRM online,

The connection string should be: <ServerURL>;<OrganizationUniqueName>;<HomeRealmURL>

In this connection string, only <ServerURL> is mandatory.

For more details, please refer this

also refer this.

Regards, Saad

Thursday, October 30, 2014 12:03 PM

All replies

• Please make sure that Execution Account user is added to the below groups.

-PrivReportingGroup
    -ReportingGroup
    -SqlAccessGroup
    -PrivUserGroup

Regards, Saad

Thursday, October 30, 2014 7:50 AM
  • Dear Saad,

Thanks for your reply and suggestion.

I am working on on-line CRM2013. (created trial account).

Regards,

Mohammad Sharique

Thursday, October 30, 2014 10:00 AM
  • Please share what you put in connection string. Also specify what BIDS visual studio version your are using? 

You can repair or reinstall your reporting extension. Restart your system and try again.

Please make sure you are using the right version of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Report Authoring Extension.

Second, please make sure the connection string is correct, for CRM online,

The connection string should be: <ServerURL>;<OrganizationUniqueName>;<HomeRealmURL>

In this connection string, only <ServerURL> is mandatory.

For more details, please refer this

also refer this.

Regards, Saad

Thursday, October 30, 2014 12:03 PM