none
How to upgrade Microsoft certifictions RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All.

I have done MCITP in 2008 now i want to upgrade all my microsoft certifications,

Can some one help me how to upgrade my certification from 2008 to 2012.

My certification is MCSA. MCITP and more.

Monday, December 1, 2014 7:18 AM

Answers

• i want to download all my previous certifications. can you please provide me link.

You need to go to https://mcp.microsoft.com/ . You will need to log in with the same credentials that you associated with your MCP the first time that you got your welcome message when you obtained your first certification (if you have forgotten your credentials you will need to phone the Regional Service Center).

Once you reach the dashboard, click on the link "Download or purchase" under "Certificates". This will let you download your certificates or order printed copies.

Monday, December 1, 2014 2:06 PM
  • Is there any way with a single exam i can upgrade all my previous certifications,

No, and there is at least one reason: The new certifications do not match the old ones. There is a whole set of MCSE certifications on 2012 that replace the old MCITPs on 2008. Each of them maps to a specific set of skills, some of which can be "upgraded" from some of the MCITP skills, but others are different. Hence the various exams that are needed depending on the certification that you wish to attain.
    Monday, December 1, 2014 2:09 PM

All replies

• Go to https://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/windows-server-certification.aspx and then click on the entry "Upgrade Paths for Windows Server 2008 certifications". You will then see below each of the target certifications along with the exams that you need to take for the corresponding update.
    Monday, December 1, 2014 12:52 PM
  • Hi Alberto,

Is there any way with a single exam i can upgrade all my previous certifications,

Monday, December 1, 2014 12:57 PM
  • Also i want to download all my previous certifications.

can you please provide me link.

Monday, December 1, 2014 12:59 PM
  • i want to download all my previous certifications. can you please provide me link.

You need to go to https://mcp.microsoft.com/ . You will need to log in with the same credentials that you associated with your MCP the first time that you got your welcome message when you obtained your first certification (if you have forgotten your credentials you will need to phone the Regional Service Center).

Once you reach the dashboard, click on the link "Download or purchase" under "Certificates". This will let you download your certificates or order printed copies.

Monday, December 1, 2014 2:06 PM
  • Is there any way with a single exam i can upgrade all my previous certifications,

No, and there is at least one reason: The new certifications do not match the old ones. There is a whole set of MCSE certifications on 2012 that replace the old MCITPs on 2008. Each of them maps to a specific set of skills, some of which can be "upgraded" from some of the MCITP skills, but others are different. Hence the various exams that are needed depending on the certification that you wish to attain.
    Monday, December 1, 2014 2:09 PM