Can Save but cannot save as Office 2010 Files RRS feed

• Question

• Here's the thing. We have a network with Citrix and Powerfuse. When I start my citrix session and start Word 2010 I can create a Document (no problem there) now I want to save the document. I go to File, Save as.... Instantly a error box appears. The box says (and I translate it from Dutch to English). There is no connection with an approved location. Please contact the system administrator.

With policies I set the default location to an network share. When I create a document by using windows explorer (right click, create word document) there is no problem at all. When I open the document in Word again and change something in the document I CAN save the document but i CANNOT use save as.

What is wrong?

With kind regards,

Thony

I have some extra information:

In the eventviewer a Microsoft Office Alert appears:

EventID: 300

Microsoft Word
    Kan geen verbinding maken met een goedgekeurde locatie. Neem contact op met de systeembeheerder. (Can't make a connection to a approved (trusted?) location. Please contact the administrator)

P1: 701585

P2: 14.0.6029.1000

P3:

P4:

Friday, June 29, 2012 12:25 PM

Answers

• I do not agree with you about this Karl.

Meanwhile I've been searching and I've already found the answer. It had nothing to do with Citrix. It was the office2010 policy. The office14.adm. Ik configured it wrong. I activated Restricted Browsing but I forgot to add locations on which browsing was allowed. Under approve locations I added the network share on which the documents could be saved and the problem was solved.

Thanks anyway for looking at my problem.

• Marked as answer by Thonyvdveen Monday, July 2, 2012 8:30 AM
    Monday, July 2, 2012 8:30 AM

All replies

• This forum is for discussions on the profile system and the recognition system, which your question does not fit into.

Also, it's not even a Word question, but rather a Citrix issue, so I'd ask on the Citrix forums:

http://forums.citrix.com/support

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

My Blog: http://unlockpowershell.wordpress.com
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ("6B61726C6D69747363686B65406D742E6E6574"-split"(?<=\G.{2})",19|%{[char][int]"0x$_"})

Friday, June 29, 2012 2:36 PM
  • I do not agree with you about this Karl.

Meanwhile I've been searching and I've already found the answer. It had nothing to do with Citrix. It was the office2010 policy. The office14.adm. Ik configured it wrong. I activated Restricted Browsing but I forgot to add locations on which browsing was allowed. Under approve locations I added the network share on which the documents could be saved and the problem was solved.

Thanks anyway for looking at my problem.

• Marked as answer by Thonyvdveen Monday, July 2, 2012 8:30 AM
    Monday, July 2, 2012 8:30 AM