none
Details about TechNet Wiki comments RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

In the page Wiki Ninja Belt Status: Who Has What Belt Ranking my current status says i don't own the Wiki Commentator II Silver, which is true, according to my profile. Yet, in my profile page the counter for TechNet Wiki comments is actually > 200.

I'm not sure, but i think the above medal is relative to "real" comments, while the profile counter sums up standard and revision comments. So my question is: there is a way to know the details of the distribution of comments, edits, etc.?

Thank you

Emiliano Musso // Microsoft MVP .NET

• Moved by Just KarlModerator Tuesday, September 1, 2015 1:56 PM Looking for the proper forum.
    Tuesday, September 1, 2015 9:40 AM

Answers

• Hello,

You are right the "TechNet Wiki Comments" portion of your stats counts both real comments and revision comments.

Revision comments don't apply towards the medal system (at least in my case).

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Tuesday, September 1, 2015 1:56 PM
  • Right, there is no way right now.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

• Marked as answer by Emiliano Musso Wednesday, September 2, 2015 6:25 AM
    Tuesday, September 1, 2015 4:28 PM

All replies

• Update: just while i was writing, the Wiki Commentator II Silver popped up. Still, it will be interesting to know about further details. Thanks again.

Tuesday, September 1, 2015 9:42 AM
  • Hello,

The TechNet Wiki Discussion Forum is a place for the TechNet Wiki Community to engage, question, organize, debate, help, influence and foster the TechNet Wiki content, platform and Community.

Please note that this forum exists to discuss TechNet Wiki as a technology/application.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the MSDN and TechNet Profile and Recognition System forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Tuesday, September 1, 2015 1:55 PM
  • Hello,

You are right the "TechNet Wiki Comments" portion of your stats counts both real comments and revision comments.

Revision comments don't apply towards the medal system (at least in my case).

Karl

Tuesday, September 1, 2015 1:56 PM
  • My bad, i didn't want to post on the wrong forum, thank you for moving the thread.

Ok, so it seems there's no way ATM to distinguish between comment's type, right?

Kind regards

Tuesday, September 1, 2015 3:57 PM
  • Right, there is no way right now.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

• Marked as answer by Emiliano Musso Wednesday, September 2, 2015 6:25 AM
    Tuesday, September 1, 2015 4:28 PM
  • Thank you very much

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 6:26 AM