How to change attributes in closed cases RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm having trouble in changing an attribute in a closed case using web services.

The idea is to change customer satisfaction field, after the incident is closed.

When I try to change it by webservice using SetStateIncidentRequest or TargetUpdateIncident, I get always the same error:

Exception information:

Exception type: SoapException

Exception message: Server was unable to process request.

When I do the same thing with an active case, it works fine.

So, is there a way of changing attributes in a closed case?

Which is the best approach for CRM 4.0?

Many thanks in advance.

Miguel Figueiredo

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 5:21 PM

Answers

• You should be able to reactivate a case by using the SetStateIncident message

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 8:47 AM

All replies

• no, you need to reopen the case before you can change the attributes.  a closed case is read only.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 6:42 PM
  • There is no supported way to update a CRM entity once it has been closed. The unsupported route would be a direct SQL modification - otherwise you'd have to reactivate the case

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 6:44 PM
  •  Joel CustomerEffective wrote:
    no, you need to reopen the case before you can change the attributes.  a closed case is read only.

Hi Joel!

Thanks for you answer.

I already tryed to reopen the case programmatically by changing the state to Active, but I get the same error. It seams that closed cases are untouchable using web services.

Do you know a way to reactivate a case using web services?

Thanks,

Miguel
    Tuesday, June 17, 2008 9:16 PM
  • You should be able to reactivate a case by using the SetStateIncident message

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 8:47 AM